Washington State

signmanbob

Hi Bob,

As far as I know, it should be fully compatible. The Boeing Country scenery should sit on top of RealScenery. Let us know if you have any issues and we'll help you work it out.

Perhaps another X-Pilot member has both packages and can say how things worked out for them... I don't see any issues, though.

Hello,

It doesn't seem to work with "Boeing Country".  I have to remove the RealScenery "Puget Sound" file or KSEA is just runways and no buildings at all.

When I'm out of the Puget Sound area my RealScenery kicks in beautiful. 

I wonder what I have to do to have both. ???

I tried taking the "texture" folder out of Boeing Country, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Scenery packages have a priority order, defined by their file name alphabetically. Usually, you can get scenery package "conflicts" resolved by renaming the top-level folders (those immediately under your custom scenery folder).

You might also take a look at this program:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=1668.msg14958#msg14958

Good luck. Let us know how it goes...

Thank you John.  That worked!  I have my Boeing Country airports and my Realscenery now.  I didn't know that you could rename folders in the Custom Scenery without corrupting something.  That was real helpful.  So now I know that scenery loads in the layers according to the way it is stacked in the Custom Scenery folder.  So it must always be good to have airport on top.

I didn't know that you could rename folders in the Custom Scenery without corrupting something.  That was real helpful.  So now I know that scenery loads in the layers according to the way it is stacked in the Custom Scenery folder.  So it must always be good to have airport on top.

Glad that worked out, Bob!

Just so you and others know, you can rename the folders that are in your Custom Scenery folder, however you don't want to go into any of those scenery folders unless you know specifically what you're doing, or you will create a load of problems... ;)

In fact, a technique I use, is to have multiple "Custom scenery" folders. For example, I have:

Custom scenery

Custom scenery_Oahu

Custom scenery_Reno

Custom scenery_Norcal

You can then just rename the folder you wish to use to "Custom scenery" when you're ready to use it. This may help if you have tons of scenery and wish to organize it a bit. However, there is no problem with having all of your scenery loaded into the Custom scenery folder. This is the only one that X-Plane will see, so you can create other folders as needed for organizational purposes.

Hope this helps!

Eric

to go along with naming files, I did this for all of my real scenery files.

I put a Z in front of every real scenery folder. That way everything is prioritized and draws before. So ultimately you are telling X-plane to draw everything on top of the real scenery. I did that about 2 years ago and no matter what overlay I put down or scenery add on, as long as I don't touch it everything is order. Hope that helps your problem. It is a little easier that labeling certain packages with 0 or other random number. Do it once and you'll never touch it again.

• 2 years later...

Tom Curtis, who wrote Boeing Country, wrote in the readme file that he made a download that was compatible without creating the conflict with Real Scenery, but to email him for the link. Unfortunately, his email address bounces, though I found his name on a forum but must have closed that tab, because now I don't see it. The guy is in this thread: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=58196 and I'm working on getting the best path for the compatibility specifics.