RealSimGear G1000 issue

Alex Mendoza

I have a RealSimGear G-1000 suite and when selecting view "forward with no display Cntl-W) the RealSimGear screens freeze, I select any inside view and they start working again.

If anyone has a fix for this I would appreciate a post with your solution, I wish to have my monitor as a windscreen as I have the Realsimgear for instruments but eityher this has a bug or there is a setting that I am missing.  Yes I am running the3 latest version of x-plane and the realsimgear plugin.

Thanks in advance

Alex

I SINCERELY appreciate your responsiveness Cameron! and thank you for you time !

Are there any plans to have the simple view (CNRL-W) and function like any other aircraft I have in X-Plane ?, I tried the above hardware setup but there is no way to release the parking brake as your locked out of everything and I cant seem to find a key assignment for the parking brake.

I read the release notes of "Added ability for cockpits without parking brake handles to disengage parking brake" but looked everywhere and simply cant find the procedure for this. 

a big Thank You! in advance !

Alex

Regarding working in the 2D (Control W) mode - no. This is a limitation solely with X-Plane, as we rely on modifying their G1000. If we were using just the stock G1000, then this wouldn't have the issue, but its out of our control.

Regarding the parking brake, the command to toggle the break (using a joystick button, keyboard, or similar) is "Toggle brakes Maximum Effort". In 1.2.0 as you note, we also have a system to disengage the parking break without the command. To turn this feature on, in X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TorqueSim SR22 Series/SR22 (or SR22TN)/plugins/sr_systems/settings, there is a file "settings.cfg". In that file, set park_brake_auto_release to 1. Then, when you are loaded in the aircraft with the parking brake set (as X-Plane will start the sim with it engaged), fully depress both toe brakes simultaneously, when you release the toe brakes together, the parking brake will disengage. 

Thank You !  it is far from the “stock” G1000 and so far this has been the best flight modeling aircraft I have played with in X-plane.  The ability to release the parking brake makes all the difference in the world! Thanks for sharing the work around.

Time to enjoy and flight sim the aircraft now, Thanks Again!

Alex

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Making the change explained in this article -- https://support.torquesim.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001375261-Hiding-the-SR20-SR22-3D-cockpit-for-full-hardware-cockpit-setups -- gives me exactly the view I want for flying. I have the RealSimGear G1000 suite, so once I'm up and flying, I can see and control everything I need in order to fly. But I'd also like to have access to switches that are in the cockpit during the startup procedure, and now I no longer do. So . . .

Is there any way to toggle the "hide_3d_details" back and forth between 1 and 0, and assign that method to a hardware key or button?

After posting my question about toggling the "hide_3d_details," I realized that it probably isn't possible, because the 3d details are loaded, or not, when the Cirrus is loaded.

So I mapped most of the essential switches to keyboard keys or Saitek rocker switches. But there is one essential switch -- the fuel selector switch -- that I haven't been able to map to anything.

I've set my Saitek rocker switches T5 and T6 to Set fuel selector to left (and right) tanks. But they don't actually change the selected tank. Is there any way to do that? I ask, because your Cirrus is so realistic that it reports out-of-balance fuel conditions, so I really need to be able to switch tanks.

Edited by Lon
Correct wording

The fuel system is custom, so the X-Plane fuel tank switch commands wouldn't switch them. If you go into the command browser with the SR22 open, look for under afm -> sr22 -> cmd -> switches "Fuel Selector Left" and "Fuel Selector Right". These will move the handle position left and right. the order is OFF <-> LEFT <-> RIGHT <-> OFF