TBM activation problem.

foxxray

The issue is here:

0:04:32.313 G64: debug: Toast Message:(type:error) (X-Aviation Licensing) / (Could not save license data.)

It seems as though maybe you have some permissions issues in your X-Plane folder (or X-Plane/X-Aviation folder) that prevent the file from writing, or you have a firewall blocking this.

Your license is not getting saved to your computer.

15 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The issue is here:

0:04:32.313 G64: debug: Toast Message:(type:error) (X-Aviation Licensing) / (Could not save license data.)

It seems as though maybe you have some permissions issues in your X-Plane folder (or X-Plane/X-Aviation folder) that prevent the file from writing, or you have a firewall blocking this.

Your license is not getting saved to your computer.

I just turned off my firewall but I still got the same problem.

Can X-Aviation manually activate my product ? What can I do ? 

Just now, foxxray said:

I just turned off my firewall but I still got the same problem.

Can X-Aviation manually activate my product ? What can I do ? 

No, manual activation is not a thing.

Sounds like your folders don't have proper permissions.

You'll need to go over your Windows folder permissions for X-Plane and the directories within it.

1 minute ago, Ben Russell said:

X-System folder:'C:\Program Files (x86)/X-Plane 11/X-Plane 11/', case sensitive=0

Move your X-Plane folder out of the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Is it okay if I put the Xplane folder in the " C: " or somewhere else is better ? 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

X-System folder:'C:\Program Files (x86)/X-Plane 11/X-Plane 11/', case sensitive=0

Move your X-Plane folder out of the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Thank you very much for your help. It worked out well. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I will start with "I am an OLD guy". Not new to aviation or simulators ( I have somewhere North of 35000 hours) but computers is another matter. I have just downloaded the TBM 900 and got all the permissions my X-plane file. It wants my proxy server. Where do I find that information? Please remember Bill Gates was only five when I soloed. Any and all help is much appreciated. 

Thank you very much Goran_M. I finally figured that out. Now I have another challenge. Not sure this is the correct place to address it but here goes. I had to leave the computer unexpectedly and just shut down X-xplane and then the computer. The TBM seems more like a professional simulator and it didn't like that when I went to start again. I have flames a cracked windshield etc. and don't know how to start from scratch again. Again any help is very much appreciated.

You B the man oldflyguy. I was afraid of that. So I delete what I have and download new?

Really thank you for the help. My nephew just purchased a new TBM 940 and I have been up in it. Nice machine but tight and I like to fly so too much automation for me. Steep curve to catch up with new technology.

If you're reloading the aircraft, and it gets damaged again once it's finished loading, it means the aircraft is being "dropped" onto the scenery you have installed.  This is a sign of corrupted scenery or some other scenery error in the elevation.  Try loading it at a different location in the airport you are at.  More often than not, this is a good work-around.

7 hours ago, Ratnow said:

I hate to be so such an old goof but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft. I get the same result the old burning aircraft with a cracked windshield. You said "easy peasy" not for me. Would you step me through the process please.

Installing and uninstalling will not work. You need to use the airframe manager menu option on the left of the screen when the TBM is in use to create a new airframe.

Many Many thanks I will try both. I did learn if you takeoff you MUST land SUCCESFULLY in this sim. I found it to be the same in an aircraft of any type. You can't just shut down the computer when the war department (wife) calls. I have been able to do that with all other A/C in my hangar. Great work guys on putting out a real simulator without the motion.

• Upvote 1