IXEG 737 No Sound After Xbox Controller Disconnects

Hi all, not too sure if anyone flies the IXEG 737 anymore but I just purchased it 3 days ago. For how long it has been out, I'm disappointed with the sounds. I'm running my Xbox controller off my computer using the dedicated Microsoft Bluetooth receiver that transmits sounds to my head set through my controller using Bluetooth. 

I haven't had any trouble with any other aircraft when my controller powers down due to inactivity when using planes such as the Zibo 737 and stock aircraft. No matter what I do in xplane's audio settings, my controller audio, switching to my monitor audio, nothing happens. The problem is the IXEG 737. Has there been any fix to this? I may have to just use a USB cable for my controller then. 

Hi!

Yes, I think quite a few folks still fly the IXEG :).

I think it is unusual that your sound problem only occurs with the IXEG 737, we are creating a custom sound experience with OpenAL, but this should not affect the sound stopping on your bluetooth receiver - that should be a Windows issue, I believe.

I do have certain sound problems with my bluetooth headset as well (like when I move out of range and then back to my computer or when the battery charge gets low), but that is not isolated to a certain game or application...

Cheers, Jan

I've seen a total of about five people with issues when they change windows sound devices.

I think a lot of them were VR related and eventually fixed by a software update for those devices.

It definitely happens for a few people.

Thanks for reporting your additional data on how you're using your sound hardware.

I also have a problem with switching audio devices of Windows 10 Pro.  If I start Ixeg 737 with my bluetooth headset, and then switch to the speakers, the sound disappears completely and it is impossible to return it.  But I do not consider this a critical issue, because this is the best plane in X Plane that I have flown.  It is so much fun to fly that the problem of switching audio devices seems very minor.  Yes, I do not have such problems with other X-Plane planes, although I have almost all airliners and all of them allow you to switch sound devices without any problems.  But ixeg ... I just adapted to this peculiarity of him and continue enjoy flying on this amazing airplane.  Even with known problems he is the best of the best in X-Plane and he gives a very strong dive, I really learn with him as a pilot, not as a driver.  All other purchased airliners are gathering dust in the hangar.  Although, I have such a problem with switching sound devices of Windows only with ixeg 737

• Like 1

Interesting! (And thanks for the kind words, disidd).

The move to the next version of X-Plane will likely feature the move to FMOD as well - which will probably take care of these peculiarities.

I can not switch my sound device when using X-Plane for any aircraft, not only the IXEG - and that is a known bug, afaik. So if I start out on my monitor´s speakers but then decide to don my bluetooth headset, I need to shut down X-Plane, switch default sound to bluetooth, then launch X-Plane again.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

I can not switch my sound device when using X-Plane for any aircraft, not only the IXEG - and that is a known bug, afaik. So if I start out on my monitor´s speakers but then decide to don my bluetooth headset, I need to shut down X-Plane, switch default sound to bluetooth, then launch X-Plane again.

Yes, this has been a long standing X-Plane bug dating back to X-Plane 10.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh hi! I also thought that I am the only one who still uses the IXEG 737. I have also had this issue back in the day. However, it was not related to IXEG 737. You have to check the setting of your controller, as there might be a specific button that has a bind to change the controller audio to the monitor one. At least, that is what happened to me. I have mentioned this issue once again while playing madden 21 a couple of days ago. By the way, is anyone in here playing madden? Don't you know guys a good platform where I can buy MADDEN COINS XBOX ONE? Honestly, it is such a pain in the ass to win them in-game.

Edited by Richardse
  • Like 1