Message For Personal use only... on Display

Reader

After your email message, I carried out a new installation of the SR 22 Series v.1.2.0 and after activating and restarting x-Plane I get the message For Personal use only ... The aircraft cannot be used without a display, how can this problem be fixed.

Dieter Swada

Hi there! I don't fully understand the question, but the "For Personal Use Only" message is normal unless you purchased a commercial license through us.

Maybe a screenshot of what you feel may be a problem would be better?

As much detail as possible would be good too!

Thanks for the answer, sorry for my strange English. So, I am the user of an officially purchased license for the Torquesim SR-22 G1000 in the X-Aviationshop, from my account there I downloaded and installed version 1.2.0, then entered the activation data (email / password) and X-Plane 11 again started. The next time X-Plane is started, the SR22 is selected and the SR22 is loaded as shown in the example image. I hope that was understandable. Dieter Swada

SR22 - 2021-06-02 06.46.05.jpg

The message should show for only a couple seconds at load time. If it isn’t going away, there is probably some other issue, most likely activation, at play. Please send your log.txt file if so (located in X-Plane 11 folder)

All right, I opened the log file myself and saw that the plane was probably not activated when I tried to register. It's just a shame that I can't get around a new installation, a fast internet connection is assumed as natural everywhere, just not in the countryside in modern Germany, thanks to German Telecom.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my google english.

Dieter

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this issue too. Just purchased. Was in the cockpit trying to start up in VR and it crashed. Reloaded and now this message is on the screens and will not go away. Yes, I had the bat and avionics switched on. License said it was valid, etc. Did a fresh reinstall and it seems to be resolved. Weird quirk. Just wanted to let OP know others have had same...

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I'm having this issue now as well after the latest update. It's random - I can make several flights operating normally and then all of a sudden on a subsequent flight, I get the same message.  Powering up the aircraft doesn't solve the problem and I have a blank PFD and MFD. I have re-downloaded the aircraft several times now this week and that cures the problem temporarily, until it happens again. I don't see anything in the log.txt file that shows an issue.