Take Command: SR22 G1000 Series v1.2.0 Update Released!

Cameron

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2.0 update for the SR22 G1000 Series. All customers who have purchased the SR22 G1000 Series up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the SR22 G1000 Series from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2.0 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SR22 G1000 Series download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements / Bug Fixes:

• Implemented a custom GPS intercept arming logic
  • Added the ability to hide the passenger 3D models
  • New RealSimGear G1000 Popout System
  • Flight model set to experimental by default
  • Prop disk visualization improvements
  • Added cold-weather engine cover
  • Added ELT triggering with high-G impacts
  • Added ability for cockpits without parking brake handles to disengage parking brake
  • FMOD sound improvements
  • CAPS cover now hides in the front right pouch
  • Livery specific normal maps with metallic paint
  • Added Carbon liveries
  • Various 3D and texture improvements
  • Cleaned belly dirt texturing
  • Tail number location reworked

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

16 hours ago, snomhf said:

The hotspots for the G1000 buttons seem to be off (popped out, non-VR).   I have to click just above the button for it to respond.   This is new behavior to 1.2

We've seen this issue with Windows' handling of scaled mouse cursors, if the mouse is scaled up in Windows settings.

4 hours ago, Coop said:

We've seen this issue with Windows' handling of scaled mouse cursors, if the mouse is scaled up in Windows settings.

Thanks Coop.   That's it.   I am using a larger mouse cursor.

The mouse pointer works fine if I don't pop the device.   I guess I can just get used to not popping the panel out since it pops out in weird locations anyway.

Edited by snomhf

Thank you for the update, working smoothly. One minor question: Is the avitab clickspot still there? With 1.2.0 I cannot open the avitab on the copilot side anymore. The clickspot there now is for the parachute cover. Am I missing something? Avitab elsewhere? Avitab removed at this location? Not a big deal, just wondering...

22 hours ago, Dave B said:

When I try to change the tail number using the change livery generator, it
won't let me. I type in the tail number I want, click "regenerate livery",
get a voice confirmation, but C-FOXY remains.

Which livery is this happening with? A default or a community one?

On 5/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, PeterS72 said:

Thank you for the update, working smoothly. One minor question: Is the avitab clickspot still there? With 1.2.0 I cannot open the avitab on the copilot side anymore. The clickspot there now is for the parachute cover. Am I missing something? Avitab elsewhere? Avitab removed at this location? Not a big deal, just wondering...

CAPS cover clickspot is now in the right bottom floor pouch and the avitab is now in the left bottom floor pouch. Look under the dash to the left. Cheers!

On 5/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, Dave B said:

When I try to change the tail number using the change livery generator, it
won't let me. I type in the tail number I want, click "regenerate livery",
get a voice confirmation, but C-FOXY remains.

Please post your log.txt here as we will be able to see if there is an issue when you try generating a new tail number. Please only send the log.txt once you try to change the tail number. 

In your livery folder is there one one folder named "Red Swoosh" or are there two maybe one with a dash or something in the name?

1 hour ago, ojasso said:

is anybody having issues with the AVtab?

Not just you, same observation here.

Found the new avitab clickspot on the left, but screen stays black. Interestingly, that square button does something, it resets the avitab screen to main menu (watch it in the regular avitab window), so at least something is happening, which means connection to avitab itself exists. I tried to find some clickspot on the edges of the screen to turn it on, like seen in other aircraft with avitab integration, but no luck so far.

Standalone avitab v0.4.6.window works fine. Pre-1.2 also no problems worked.

Edited by PeterS72

On 6/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, Attitude said:

Please post your log.txt here as we will be able to see if there is an issue when you try generating a new tail number. Please only send the log.txt once you try to change the tail number. 

In your livery folder is there one one folder named "Red Swoosh" or are there two maybe one with a dash or something in the name?

I'm using the stock Red Swoosh.

Livery folder has no anomalous or duplicated files.

log.txt attached.

Log.txt

From the log, it looks like the files are locked by Windows and changing the files is resulting in an access denied message. Make sure both the X-Plane directory, as well as the livery folder specifically aren't set to "Read Only" by Windows. Right clicking on the folder in File Explorer to open properties should show what permissions are set there.

New question (promise I won't be a pest): 

I thought that Bat 2 was a diode test (BAT 2 on -> Flaps light off) and that Bat 1 powered the equipment fans (BAT 1 on -> sound of equipment fans).

In v1.2.0 it seems that BAT 2 is still a diode test (Flaps light out) but now also powers the equipment fans. (BAT ! still powers fans, too).

(This is trivial, I'm just curious)

8 hours ago, Dave B said:

New question (promise I won't be a pest): 

I thought that Bat 2 was a diode test (BAT 2 on -> Flaps light off) and that Bat 1 powered the equipment fans (BAT 1 on -> sound of equipment fans).

In v1.2.0 it seems that BAT 2 is still a diode test (Flaps light out) but now also powers the equipment fans. (BAT ! still powers fans, too).

(This is trivial, I'm just curious)

BAT 2 is a diode test, but while the equipment fans are running off of Main Distribution Bus 2, that bus can get power from both BAT 1 and BAT 2. The diode prevents electrical flow from Main Distribution Bus 2 to Main Distribution Bus 1, but power can go from 1 to 2. When both alternators are turned on, the ALT 2 runs at a slightly increased voltage from ALT 1, to ensure the two distribution busses are split between both alternators.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, Coop said:

From the log, it looks like the files are locked by Windows and changing the files is resulting in an access denied message. Make sure both the X-Plane directory, as well as the livery folder specifically aren't set to "Read Only" by Windows. Right clicking on the folder in File Explorer to open properties should show what permissions are set there.

So my livery folder continue to spontaneously create read-only files.  I have never successfully changed the livery despite having reset the folder and sub folders and even removed read only individually to every folder and file in the livery folder.  Log attached after last attempt.  Thank you in advance.

Log.txt

Just purchased. I am really impressed with the plane. Besides one small hiccup which was solved with a re-install, I am having a great time with it. Design, graphics, flight dynamics and sound are all really well done. I have two questions. Has the avitab issue been resolved? I am also not able to turn it on. Second, is there a reason the throttle and mixture levers are an axis drag in VR and not rotate? It would be much better to be able to grab the levers to manipulate than pull the controller up and down to control. Just curious as it seems like an easy fix.

Edit: Just noticed the other posts about the avitab issue. No need to reply directly.. I'll pay attention there.

Edited by Jetson

On 6/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, Dave B said:

So my livery folder continue to spontaneously create read-only files.  I have never successfully changed the livery despite having reset the folder and sub folders and even removed read only individually to every folder and file in the livery folder.  Log attached after last attempt.  Thank you in advance.

Log.txt 65.46 kB · 1 download

This is disappointing.  I didn't have this problem with the previous version.  I also had the ability to program the TOGA button (specifically the active flight director on take off) on the previous version.  I have attempted multiple times to remove the read-only attributes.  I have completely disabled the firewall and anti-virus components of my computer.  I am assured that I am an administrator (and only user) for this computer, yet with 1.2.0 I have lost options.

Edited by Dave B
typos

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic