Message on loading IXEG 7373 & Saab 340: "There was a minor problem parsing the VRCONFIG"

Enrit

Hi, I recently got a new desktop and loaded X-plane. I downloaded the Saab 340A and IXEG737, but neither load correctly.

I get the message above with both: "There was a minor problem parsing the VR Config...."

The flightdeck controls don't work properly, (i.e. the flight controls don't move in response to control inputs) and there are graphic issues (i.e. both types of engine instrument on the 737 overlaid.)

The Gizmo tray does not appear on screen on either model, and Gizmo is not present in the plugins list (though it does show up in the plugins directory)

I had a similar problem briefly a few months back on my old PC with the 737 after a Windows reinstall, but that was cured by re-registering the PC and 'de-authorising' the previous ID of the same PC.

In this case (new PC) the dialogue box asking me to register the PC and de-authorise another PC has not appeared.

Any help appreciated!

3 hours ago, Enrit said:

Hi, I recently got a new desktop and loaded X-plane. I downloaded the Saab 340A and IXEG737, but neither load correctly.

I get the message above with both: "There was a minor problem parsing the VR Config...."

The flightdeck controls don't work properly, (i.e. the flight controls don't move in response to control inputs) and there are graphic issues (i.e. both types of engine instrument on the 737 overlaid.)

The Gizmo tray does not appear on screen on either model, and Gizmo is not present in the plugins list (though it does show up in the plugins directory)

I had a similar problem briefly a few months back on my old PC with the 737 after a Windows reinstall, but that was cured by re-registering the PC and 'de-authorising' the previous ID of the same PC.

In this case (new PC) the dialogue box asking me to register the PC and de-authorise another PC has not appeared.

Any help appreciated!

Please try installing this:

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

• 1 year later...