Not able to set low visibility clouds

Krys

Hey

I have noticed for a while that I am unable to set low visibility. Example would be ILS landing, low clouds at 200feet etc.. If I don't use Maxx and just use default xplane weather it looks fine, but when I install Maxx back in again clouds are not low enough.. Whatever I do I can't get them low enough or dense enough. Is this like that for everyone? It doesn't matter if I use ASXP or not still the same issue. I do use RWC as well. If anyone can post some advice or settings I should try that would be good. Other than that all looks great but I can't setup ILS low visibility approach.

Thanks

Krys

• 2 months later...

I think I have the same issue.  Did a flight today and I could always see the ground, weather was overcast at 5000 and I was at 8 and could still see the ground.  Switch to standard X-plane weather and by by ground.  Seems like the clouds are always in front of you, you can't fly through them.  Flying in VR.

Like I said above, try switching your overcast representation in SkyMaxx Pro. You're probably hitting a very specific set of conditions where cloud layers of a certain type are getting repositioned to avoid intersections that wouldn't otherwise look good. If problems persist, please post your specific weather conditions and location so we can look more deeply.