SAAB 340 Throttle Problem

BC446BG

I'm new to the Saab. All functions on my Logitech joystick work fine except for the throttle. When I move the joystick throttle the Saab throttles sometimes jump a little bit or more often do nothing at all. I've googled and searched the forum. Have seen similar problems but no solution. I have the latest SAAB version.  As an aside, the throttle works fine with the other aircraft that I fly. Any suggestions?? 

Is there a friction lock associated with the SAAB 340 throttles?  Is there something special that must be done to control two engines (vs one) with a joystick? I have no trouble with the throttle on my single engine planes. The SAAB is my first twin engine.  Help would be much appreciated. I am dead in the water as things currently stand.....   Thanks

On 5/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, BC446BG said:

I'm new to the Saab. All functions on my Logitech joystick work fine except for the throttle. When I move the joystick throttle the Saab throttles sometimes jump a little bit or more often do nothing at all. I've googled and searched the forum. Have seen similar problems but no solution. I have the latest SAAB version.  As an aside, the throttle works fine with the other aircraft that I fly. Any suggestions?? 

Your throttles need to be in sync with the cockpit manipulators.  Use the TQ Viewer pop-up to view the position of your hardware and the manipulators.  

In addition, there is a Flight Idle Latch that will prevent you from moving the throttles below FI under certain conditions.  The user preferences allow you to choose how to handle this.  

There are several posts on these forums that describe this in more detail. 

Edited by JGregory