IXEG 737 brakes don't work at gate

Hi andrew,

this is strange - especially since they initially seem to work!

One reason I could think of is that you have not turned on the hydraulic pumps for system A and simply run out of brake-accumulator pressure after using the brakes a few times. Make sure all yellow lights are out on the overhead panel when you operate the aircraft, that should take care of this possibilitiy.

To further troubleshoot you can always display the DATA OUTPUT datarefs (green numbers) on screen, look in the corresponding X-Plane menu with the keyword "brakes". That way you can see how much brake force is applied.

Let me know if this helps?

Cheers, Jan

I seem to have plenty of hydraulic pressure, I will see what happens with the datarefs on my next flight. The thing that interest me is it doesn't matter the gate, as soon as the aircraft reached the parking spot I just get....nothing. I'm starting to wonder if it might have something to do with screen refresh rate being so close to the erminal and having to load so much? but then again I'm running a rather high end build and the IXEG is the ONLY aircraft I'm having this problem with.

p.s. Thank you for all your help on these forums Litjan!

2 hours ago, andrewjw19990 said:

ALSO I should not I have only had this problem with the recent update to XP11.53

Yes, very puzzling! Does it also happen if you stop somewhere else (like in the middle of a taxiway)?

I guess one other thing to try would be to disable all other plugins that may be interfering - especially SAM, flywithlua, ground handling, etc. You never know if they might interact in some weird way, so it would be wise to test that just to preclude this.

Another thing is icing (of the ground), but this should affect you everywhere, not only near the gate.

Cheers, Jan