Gizmo not loading on new Install

vieuphoria

Hi,

I have just had to re install x-plane on my PC since then I can't get the SF340A to start. It loads at the airport but no switches are able to be moved. I've noticed that GIZMO side panel is no longer showing up and there is no option to enter x-aviation username and password. I did try to install gizmo separately but doesn't seem to help. Also can't see GIZMO in the plugins either. Not sure if new version requires this or not. 

Cheers for any help

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vieuphoria said:

Hi,

I have just had to re install x-plane on my PC since then I can't get the SF340A to start. It loads at the airport but no switches are able to be moved. I've noticed that GIZMO side panel is no longer showing up and there is no option to enter x-aviation username and password. I did try to install gizmo separately but doesn't seem to help. Also can't see GIZMO in the plugins either. Not sure if new version requires this or not. 

Cheers for any help

Please attach X-Plane/Log.txt to all future requests for help.

Assuming you're using Windows 10... Try installing this:

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, jgniewkowski said:

@Ben Russell Is that redistributal required for Windows 11 as well? I am having the same problem (Gizmo not loading) and I woke up with the thought that it is probably a missing redistributal file after doing a clean upgrade of Windows 11.

Probably, yes.

It's needed by many other Apps and won't do any harm to install it. 

Imagine a world where MS included a hundred extra megabytes of essential data in amongst the several gigabytes of pointless garbage like Candy Crush....