low fps

sim2heaven

Your settings for SkyMaxx Pro are not very aggressive at all. But, I see you have a LOT of other add-ons installed. My guess is that you are running out of RAM or CPU power from all of these other add-ons, and SkyMaxx Pro is just the thing that pushed your system over the edge.

If you temporarily disable your other add-ons and leave only SkyMaxx Pro and Gizmo, how is your performance then?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, sundog said:

Your settings for SkyMaxx Pro are not very aggressive at all. But, I see you have a LOT of other add-ons installed. My guess is that you are running out of RAM or CPU power from all of these other add-ons, and SkyMaxx Pro is just the thing that pushed your system over the edge.

If you temporarily disable your other add-ons and leave only SkyMaxx Pro and Gizmo, how is your performance then?

Hello Frank,

i also upgraded to Version 5 2 months ago and i have to say, that the frames with Skymaxx Pro and the Real Weather Connector are really unstable. I checked the CPU and Memory, when the frames starts to fall and the CPU is not running over 50% and the Memory not more than 35 %. I didn´t changed something on the system or in XP11 (same graphic settings,plugins and so on) . It´s the same before the upgrade. Especially when its overcast, the frames fall below 20 or 10 frames sometimes, even if i fly over the ocean. In version 4 everything was smooth. In the plugin Admin, i noticed that SMP takes 70% of the resources and i have nearly the same settings as Sim2heaven. Is it possible to improve the frames in near future?

Kind regards

Robert

a321 - 2021-05-27 19.42.09.png

I don't know what you've selected for cumulus cloud type or what your cloud draw area settings are in SkyMaxx Pro, but experimenting with those settings is probably the key. If you are CPU bound (which I suspect,) you may find that volumetric clouds perform better on your system, or if you want to stick with the other cumulus cloud types, reducing the cloud draw area will also lower CPU usage.