LR 172 With G5 Not Working

NewEnglandPilot

I recently purchased the G5 package that comes with the 172 for X-Plane 11. However, after installing, when I load that plane for use, the G5s are blacked out - they very occasionally flash on super quick then go back to black. When I try to open any of the pop-up menus from the shortcuts that appear on the right side of the screen they flash on and off rapidly. Any fixes for this? 

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandPilot said:

OK, turning off Vulcan got the G5s to come on. However, the GNS-430 and ADF are still black.  The 530 comes on, but not the lower 430?

Those are X-Plane avionics and should turn on when both avionics switches are on I believe?

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, NewEnglandPilot said:

They do not - the 2nd navcom & adf are now black in inop.  Has anyone else experienced this glitch?  A bit frustrating for a paid for app.

To be clear, the avionics you're having issues with are not "paid" for and are driven by stock X-Plane.

Frustrating, yes. But, there seems to be something driver related at play here.

6 hours ago, NewEnglandPilot said:

They do not - the 2nd navcom & adf are now black in inop.  Has anyone else experienced this glitch?  A bit frustrating for a paid for app.

Are you sure both avionics switches (there is a dual rocker switch) are turned on, as well as the full Master switch?

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, Coop said:

Are you sure both avionics switches (there is a dual rocker switch) are turned on, as well as the full Master switch?

Yes,  everything that is supposed to be on is on.  When I use an Arrow I also have with a G430 and Narco 12, both radios work.  It seems to be an issue with the 2nd Garmin, but wasn't there before downloading this G5 package.