flickering of PFD and MFD in popout window

Franz

dears

apologize i am new to this nice aircraft

when i pop out PFD or MFD in a separate window (pressing the square in the menu on the right side), it starts flicering once per second approx.  impossible to use.  i want to move the window to a separate touch screen and use air manager.

it is not flickering when i press once with the mouse on the MFD screen. only in the separate window

any idea ?  graphic driver is AMD, 21.2.2 if important.  it does only happen in the TBM900!

many thanks

Edited by Franz

• Franz changed the title to flickering of PFD and MFD in popout window
  • 2 weeks later...

yes with OpenGL there is no flickering. but framerate is very bad so i have to use Vulkan.  New graphic card is not an option right now :-)

have tried various AMD vulkan drivers but flickering remains. the recent two drivers 21.4.1 and 21.5.1 are showing all textures blurred. 

have 21.3.2 at the moment. but with Flickering.

again, strange is, this happens only with the TBM900, all other pop out windows are fine (Lancair, Pocket Rocket, default C172,  RealityXP etc)

Log.txt

sure.  yes seem is a vulkan AMD driver issue at the end. 

2nd question, have seen that popped out PFD / MFD screen stops updating when i switch to fullscreen outside view

as long as i have standard cockpit view all fine.

many thanks

PS have tried TBM930 from FS2020, oh boy.  appreciate your hard work on the TBM900.   the G3000 is nice with the mod but else....

Edited by Franz

• 4 months later...

short update on this issue:  i have a new AMD6900 XT, old card was RX580.  now with new windows installation, new x-plane install and up to date drivers the flickering on the MSF/PDF is gone.

however in the meantime i fly VR only with a reverb G2 and enjoy it very much !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...