G5 app is not picking up altimeter setting

xpilotx

I am using you G5 app with realsimgear hardware.

All appears to work except G5 app is not picking up altimeter setting - always 29.92.

I use Cerenado CT182T but I also tested with default cessna 172 G1000 and same problem.

I am using it as backup instrument for G1000 so I can train flying only on G5 when simulating G1000 failure.

The goal is that changing altimeter setting on G1000 should be mirrored with the same altimeter setting in G5 app.

Is there any setting in G5 app or in airplane setting (with I can change with PlaneMaker) to make G5 app read altimeter setting from G1000 (or just from plane system)?

13 hours ago, xpilotx said:

I am using you G5 app with realsimgear hardware.

All appears to work except G5 app is not picking up altimeter setting - always 29.92.

I use Cerenado CT182T but I also tested with default cessna 172 G1000 and same problem.

I am using it as backup instrument for G1000 so I can train flying only on G5 when simulating G1000 failure.

The goal is that changing altimeter setting on G1000 should be mirrored with the same altimeter setting in G5 app.

Is there any setting in G5 app or in airplane setting (with I can change with PlaneMaker) to make G5 app read altimeter setting from G1000 (or just from plane system)?

The G5 has its own altimeter setting reading off of the X-Plane Standby Setting. The G1000 and G5 are not cross linked and changing the altimeter setting on both would be required.

@Coop

I have been using your G5 with the REP C172 for some time now and they have worked great. I use to always adjust the baro setting using a set of button that increment the baro up and down. I was finally able to get a set of encoders that I hooked up to the g5 command for push, left and right. All the functions work properly except the baro can not be adjusted. As a matter of fact if I try to do it right on the g5 gauge in the 3D cockpit it will not adjust the baro.

By the way my g5 is at version 1.1.

Mark

Edited by markcellis

@Coop

What I don't get is the G5 shows the altimeter setting perfectly. If you adjust it using the default C172 kholsman knob the G5 baro setting will change. It just does not respond to commands associated with the G5 knob.

What is the dataref you are trying to set when I turn the knob on G5? I can't think of anything that would be forcing that to a particular value but I can look into it?

Mark