How's v1.34 coming along?

Torbinator

as far as "what to look forward to",  my response is "what are we still inspired to do"...and subsequently...will want to try to get to.  The answer to that is a lot actually.  Certainly the VNAV/FMC is highest on our plate.  After that, the 3D cabin/doors wrap up, etc.  After that, wing-flex.....after that, 400/500 variants, etc.

Those of us who are a bit older knows how fast life moves and things can get in the way.  For years, I've been working towards the goal of Xplane being the only thing I have to do to get by and I can honestly say that as of last month, that has finally happened. (Thank you low interest rates, appreciation, cough *refi).   It is my sincere desire to only work on xplane and in addition, limit my work to only about 3-4 aircraft max for the remainder of my life, such that they could be properly maintained.  

Being an engineer, my work tends to be "by project" and after every project, I'm effectively unemployed.  Its the nature of my job that every project has a dedicated timeline, duration and end...and once a project begins, the timelines are such that it demands all my time until my role is completed.  My work on the IXEG has always been between projects and in the evenings/weekends.  With independence from having to take projects to survive, it opens up new windows for us to commit to the IXEG.  I do have to wrap up some  contract work with Laminar for XP12 stuffs, so another month or two and I'll be going full time on my xplane projects only.

tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations on reaching this goal and milestone. It must be awesome to be able to focus on the things you love to do!

I for one am looking forward to the future IXEG updates. It's by far the plane I fly the most, I enjoy it every time I fly it.

Thanks for sharing! And for responding to a question we all know we shouldn't ask developers ;)

Edited by Dozo
  • Like 2

Tom, as exciting as it is for us simulator enthusiasts and fans of this particular aircraft to hear of the positive change in the circumstances of your life that allow you to continue to accelerate progress with this project, I am also happy to hear for you that you are at such a point that will work out for you personally. Also, from my own selfish simfan standpoint, I'm glad to hear the project pulling you from the 733 was related to Laminar and XP 12!!!

I suspect with an ability to further fully focus on the 733, the resulting quality, consistency, and frequency of enhancements will continue to grab more fans with confidence to plunk down the cash in a product they clearly see is actively improved, thus furthering your ability to keep the progress comin'.

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Torbinator
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...