TBM 900 crashes X-Plane to desktop (Win 10) => Solved, then hardware issue => also solved

Art

Hi,

My HotStart TBM900 has been causing X-Plane 11 to crash to desktop upon loading for months now, after working fine initially. All other planes are working. A pity, since is's a great model!

This is my system:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz - 64-bit, x64-based processor
32 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070  (using a single monitor.)

Windows 10 Home - Version  20H2
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

X-Plane 11 updated to latest version (11.53). I have tried running it without any plugins and I have removed and re-installed the plane (TBM_900_v1.1.13), nothing changed.

Also I have considered this. So I removed all custom scenery for a test, no difference.

I hope you can help, Thank you!

=>removed, because Goran posted: "I'll need the complete log.txt file immediately after X-Plane crashes." 

A close look at  X-Plane Log.txt revealed a problem with the NVDIA driver, apparently only affecting this plane. Installing the latest driver solved the problem. But now my joystick doesn't work for this plane. - See my post below.

Edited by Art
Forgot to mention something...

• Art changed the title to TBM 900 crashes X-Plane to desktop (Win 10)

Thanks for the quick answer!

Installing the latest NVDIA driver solved the problem. (Realized this issue after looking at X-Plane log.txt from the beginning...)

But now there is another problem: On this plane my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick doesn't work. It works with other planes and also worked after first installing this one.

What might be the problem?

Attached you find the X-Plane log.txt as it is now

Log.txt

Edited by Art

• Art changed the title to TBM 900 crashes X-Plane to desktop (Win 10) => Solved, but now joystick and rudder pedals don't work
  • Art changed the title to TBM 900 crashes X-Plane to desktop (Win 10) => Solved, but now joystick doesn't work

I couldn't tell you the issue with your hardware.  We have quite a few people using the TBM with the Logitech Extreme stick, and they have no problems.  One of our testers has that exact hardware.

The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure everything is calibrated correctly and all axis assigned.

Thanks again, Goran!

After some trying I have my hardware issues resolved and the plane seems to be working fine.

I saw that the TBM had its own hardware profile, either natively or I created it myself. Activating my current user profile fixed the problem. Sorry, my own mistake!

(I had moved flight controls around since last using the TBM and had distributed functions differently. Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals and yoke are also involved, as well as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for some functions, particularily to replace the Saitek Throttle Quadrant, since it has a broken PS2 connection to the yoke.)

Edited by Art
  • Like 1

• Art changed the title to TBM 900 crashes X-Plane to desktop (Win 10) => Solved, then hardware issue => also solved