new HDD

wain

I have a new drive just for XP and addons, hope to move it at the weekend, do I just copy / paste or uninstall and reinstall everything? will this be seen as a new machine? I also use MSFS (I test for Just Flight), would that be easier to move? I know XP doesn't install files everywhere but some addons might and I don't want to break the sim if copy / paste causes me more issues....

Thanks for any advice in advance...

I have my complete X-Plane 11 folder on a single purpose SSD drive which I regularly backup (copy) to another single purpose SSD. 

Note: My backup procedure only copies files that have changed, so it is relatively fast.

If and when I've had issues, I simply wiped my main X-Plane drive and copied the backup drive back to my main drive.

I have had no issues of any kind with the Windows Registry, etc.

Every once and a while I wipe the 'backup drive' and copy my main drive over, so that I get a 'clean' backup.

Besides the above I have a backup routine that also places my X-Plane folders to 2 other mechanical drives, giving me a total of 4 backups. I only back these up weekly.

As you can see, I'm cautious... but it works for me.

HTH