Auto thrust

B737

Not sure which 737s you flew, but that is not how it worked on the one´s I piloted for 10 years.

I doublechecked in my manual, there are only three instances of automatic autothrottle disengagement (except for power failure):

* two seconds after landing touchdown

* thrust levers separated by more than 10 degrees after FLARE has been annunciated in a dual-channel approach

* when a thrust split occurs and flaps are less than 15 degrees and more than half the A/P roll authority of the roll spoiler is used

During single engine flight you can readily use the autothrottle.

Cheers, Jan

Only Airbus let you use autothrust with only one engine.

On 737 if you loose one engine the approach category will be cat2 only due to cat3 needs operational autothrust.

I have one friends who' s flying on real 737cl and my teacher also said what I am explaining.

But you already mentioned ''expect engine failure''

Only Airbus let you use autothrust with only one engine.

On 737 if you loose one engine the approach category will be cat2 only due to cat3 needs operational autothrust.

I have one friends who' s flying on real 737cl and my teacher also said what I am explaining.

But you already mentioned ''expect engine failure''

20210407_075954.jpg

20210407_080007.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, B737 said:

The reason the approach category will be CAT1 with one engine failed is not the failed autothrust (it isn´t failed) - it is the lack of redundancy in the electrical system - you need two engine driven generators for a CAT2 or CAT3a autoland approach.

Hint: It takes more than access to some engineering manual and electrical diagrams to fully understand the capabilities of an aircraft. You will find many things "wrong" with our model, but there are also many many variations in variants and models, even from airline to airline.

Edited by Litjan

9 minutes ago, B737 said:

Back to our original topics, the A/ T should not let to engage the system, when one engine failed with throttle at idle stop on the side of the bad engine

I do not recall such a requirement nor do I find any reference to this in my Operations manual.

Agree with your reply due to you do not have access to aircraft mechanics documents.

On b737 classics a/ t can not move one lever in air when you switch off one engine. Lever angles compared....

But it works as I said.

On those wide body aircraft where you have seperate A/ T switches there you will have A/ T seperately.

On Airbus you will  always have A/ T on the remaining engine in case of failure