Do I need to trim Rudder for T/O?

F1le

Guys,

First of all, thanks for development of this plane. I started to love GA and can't stop flying it. So much fun vs all those Boeing / Airbus planes.

Can't find it in documentation I trim ELEV to T/O position but Rudder position also has green marker?

34beba9925.png

Hi @F1le!  The green trim position for the rudder is correct for the actual aircraft.  However, use the center position - or just offset a bit to the right - for best control of the Hotstart model.  A bit of trivia - the initial release of this model did require the rudder trim to be at or near the green mark.  An adjustment to the flight model in a later version made that trim setting "incorrect".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, EGT said:

I'm guessing this is never going to be addressed now? Years this has been complained about.

It was addressed to be what it is now. Very few complain about this. Way too many complained about this when it was the other way around. There's no mistake as to why it is the way it is now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, Cameron said:

It was addressed to be what it is now. Very few complain about this. Way too many complained about this when it was the other way around. There's no mistake as to why it is the way it is now.

You mis-understood me. This aircraft should require lots of rudder trim for takeoff, yet the developers essentially eliminated P-factor to satisfy some users who have no clue about single-engine propellor aircraft, or even why they yaw so hard at takeoff (a major feature of aircraft such as the TBM).

If you are going to "dumb down", at least be honest, and please provide those of us with understanding of aerodynamic principles the option to run "hardcore mode".

If I wanted an unrealistic and easy-to-fly flight model, I'd fly another sim besides X-Plane...

Edited by EGT

• 3 months later...

Ok, I've revisited this topic with Saso (programmer and flight model author), and this is the official word from both of us.  Any future questions about P-factor/propeller induced roll, will go unanswered.  I suppose the proverbial arm twisting has had an effect.

Thank you for your feedback. We're aware there are some flight dynamics missing in the takeoff department and we'll be addressing those issues in a future update. (Goran)

We hope the best!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I must admit I think I also preferred it the way it was originally. Yes it was challenging, especially with a stiff crosswind but when you nailed it and got the take off right it felt very rewarding. I think an easy/realistic flight model option would be a very good idea!.

I hope the devs will look into this once they have the Challenger released.

23 hours ago, Joers182 said:

I must admit I think I also preferred it the way it was originally. Yes it was challenging, especially with a stiff crosswind but when you nailed it and got the take off right it felt very rewarding. I think an easy/realistic flight model option would be a very good idea!.

I hope the devs will look into this once they have the Challenger released.

+1