Need configuration for RealityXP GNS430W and TorqueSim SR22 Entegra.

Sr22captain

I’ve been extremely happy with the new Entegra SR22 from TorqueSim. But I could not leave good enough alone and purchased and installed RealityXP GNS430 last night. Everything is messed up now. The AP no longer follows the GPS even when it GPSS mode. I can’t get the GPS and AP to work together to intercept an approach. I’ve not had much time to see if I can figure out what all the problems are. 
is there a canned config file for the GNS430 as I’ve seen for the GTN750?

Make sure the default GNS 430 doesn't have a flight plan prior to using the RXP units as that has caused some issues in the past.

I bet that was my problem because I did have FPL active in the Xplane 430’s before installing and setting up the RXP. I got some really weird behavior at first where the HSI needle was jumping all over the place like two units were contention locked on it. 
I guess an uninstall/reinstall of RXP may be the best thing to do this evening when I get a chance to mess around with it again. Thanks for the help and the file. 

If the default GNS430s are still active in the background that would explain the bizarre behaviors I’m seeing. The AP was not following the RXP GPS when in GPSS mode. In NAV mode it was also doing very strange things.  I now suspect it was following the default GPS that was still operating in the background. 
Perhaps I’ll just do a complete reinstall of XP11 this weekend. I’ve had it installed a long time so it’s probably getting a bit contaminated. I doubt I’ll ever fly any other aircraft now except the TorqueSim Entegra so a complete reinstall might be a good thing to do. 

OK, I've done a full uninstall/reinstall of the Entegra SR22, a full uninstall/reinstall of the RXP GNS430 and after none of that was successful, I did  full second install of Xplane 11 and installed Entegra SR22 and RXP GNS430 in my new XP install. I've installed the recommended RealityXP config files and I'm still having serious issues. I don't think this is anything to do with the TorqueSim product, I suspect it is in the RXP product but I don't know for sure.

Here's what I'm experiencing so far:

GNS#1 offset's CDI and slews the coarse needle during the startup self-test mode - this is normal
HSI source select button on PFD does not work when radio 1 is in the self-test mode - this is not normal
CDI needle *does not* offset on self test screen of GNS#2 - this is not normal
GPSS mode seems to always turn to 360 heading no matter my FPL - this is not normal
GNS#1 does not slew the coarse needle during navigation to a fix - this is not normal, and really surprising since it slews the needle to 150-deg in the self-test start up mode.
On an ILS the AP in APR mode always puts me on a 360 coarse. If I hit REV on the AP then it steers me to a 180 coarse. - this is not normal.

Not sure what else to try. I've already spent a lot of time troubleshooting.

Strongly thinking of ditching the RXP and going back to the XP default GNS430's. The did not have a full feature set but at least I could fly a flight plan and an approach with them.

• 1 year later...