GPS Error in Corvalis?

pwalsh2

• 6 months later...

The new X-Plane 10 Corvalis indeed appeared to fix the GPS/FMS problem.  But now on my Mac, only occasionally, the waypoints and flight plan on the MFD appear to be on a different scale from the land masses.  Appears to be a qualitative not quantitative problem as the two are WAY off from each other.  This is cured by closing out X-Plane and restarting.  But the Corvalis is still the classiest thing on X-Plane.

This seems to happen about 50% of the time I boot up X-Plane Corvalis.  I do it the same every time so it appears to be random chance.  I have screenshots to show you but I don't know how to post them here.  The waypoints display on a very wide scale while the land masses and range circle are on a much tighter scale.  

This seems to happen about 50% of the time I boot up X-Plane Corvalis.  I do it the same every time so it appears to be random chance.  I have screenshots to show you but I don't know how to post them here.  The waypoints display on a very wide scale while the land masses and range circle are on a much tighter scale.  

When replying hit the "More Reply Options" button instead of Post. 

The page will reload and a new more detailed form will appear.

Under the content editing controls there is a section clearly labelled: "Attach Files"

Click the "Choose File" button.

Browse to the file you wish to upload and select it as you would any file in any other app.

Click the "Attach This File" button.

Your file (screenshot) will upload.

Repeat as many times as necessary.

Thanks.  I'll try it.  The first screenshot shows PHLI Lihue, Kuaui, Hawaii.  The airport is slightly out in the water but it's pretty close.  I call this 'normal'.  The second is PHNL Honolulu, Hawaii.  The destination is PHOG Maui but notice the GPS waypoints are no where near their correct land mass positions.  The range circle agrees with the landmasses but the GPS plot appears to be on a different scale.  The only solution I've found is to shut down X-Plane and re-boot.

post-8236-0-63440800-1393861457_thumb.pn

post-8236-0-45354900-1393861388_thumb.pn

Thanks.  I'll try it.  The first screenshot shows PHLI Lihue, Kuaui, Hawaii.  The airport is slightly out in the water but it's pretty close.  I call this 'normal'.  The second is PHNL Honolulu, Hawaii.  The destination is PHOG Maui but notice the GPS waypoints are no where near their correct land mass positions.  The range circle agrees with the landmasses but the GPS plot appears to be on a different scale.  The only solution I've found is to shut down X-Plane and re-boot.

post-8236-0-63440800-1393861457_thumb.pn

post-8236-0-45354900-1393861388_thumb.pn