3rd waypoint there is no CDI info

CDI shows course to the left and bearing is 194°

when course is to the right

Again CDI show course to left 

however its to the right

CDI should be centered

3rd waypoint, no CDI info

Not much has changed since Version 1.3

Well there should be pictures with my post before.

Can't paste JPG or PIC files

So if you like to see the picture I need a suggestion on how to display

I get this "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

I have know idea what that means

Well there should be pictures with my post before.

Can't paste JPG or PIC files

So if you like to see the picture I need a suggestion on how to display

I have know idea what that means

Pictures would be great... but, more importantly, please provide the exact flight plan with navaids you are using so I can recreate this.

It means you're using a file extension that is not accepted. Be sure to use the attachments uploader for your post, and be sure it's a valid file format. PIC is definitely not one, and copying and pasting to the window will not work.

1st waypoint tracks correctly
2nd waypoint has error on CDI which AP follows
3rd waypoint there is no CDI info

FPL - Present position N of STILL > JOTUP > DANMO > KJYO

CDI shows course to the left and bearing is 194°

post-2544-0-63223900-1372106483_thumb.jp

Notice CDI is not at 194° but at 172° which is LOC inbound Heading for KJYO which I had pre tuned NAV for the ILS17

again when course is to the right on map
post-2544-0-28029100-1372106741_thumb.jp

FPL : KJYO > ZUCRY > WONNU > KMPO

Again CDI show course to left
post-2544-0-95749900-1372106868_thumb.jp

however its to the right on map again
post-2544-0-94698300-1372106949_thumb.jp

CDI should be centered
post-2544-0-03785900-1372107010_thumb.pn

3rd waypoint, no CDI info
post-2544-0-74305000-1372107082_thumb.jp

There I got pictures this time WHAT A PAIN

Edited by pwalsh2
  • Upvote 1

I can now confirm that this is a bug.  I have narrowed it down somewhat but it may take some time to completely resolve.

Here is a workaround...

Create your flight plan as usual.  Then save the plan ("SAVE" Key).  Initialize the FMS again ("INIT" Key).  Load the flight plan ("LOAD" Key) that you saved.  Proceed as usual. The Corvalis should follow your flight plan properly.

Interesting.

Following the flight plan was never a problem for me; the plane arrives safely at its destination.

However, I noticed that sometimes the "Turn left/right to XXX° NOW" is somewhat unprecise, e.g. it sometimes happens 2 or 3 times before (only 1 or 2 nm) the actual turning point (but only there the plane turns, which is correct). I also noticed that, when no turn is needed, because the next waypoint is straight ahead, it still shows the "turn now" message.

Maybe this is related to this CDI bug.

Edited by Mario Donick

Interesting.

Following the flight plan was never a problem for me; the plane arrives safely at its destination.

If you want to "see" this bug in action then fly the following flight plan:  KMRB > MRB > STILL > JOTUP > DANMO > KJYO.  This is just an example.  The behavior is somewhat unpredictable and inconsistent.

However, I noticed that sometimes the "Turn left/right to XXX° NOW" is somewhat unprecise, e.g. it sometimes happens 2 or 3 times before (only 1 or 2 nm) the actual turning point (but only there the plane turns, which is correct). I also noticed that, when no turn is needed, because the next waypoint is straight ahead, it still shows the "turn now" message.

Maybe this is related to this CDI bug.

This is NOT related to the CDI bug.  I will look into this once the other issues are sorted out.

Edited by JGregory

I also noticed that, when no turn is needed, because the next waypoint is straight ahead, it still shows the "turn now" message.

There will away be a turn indication with course heading, regardless of course heading change or not when approaching next waypoint.

Edited by pwalsh2

If you want to "see" this bug in action then fly the following flight plan:  KMRB > MRB > STILL > JOTUP > DANMO > KJYO.  This is just an example.  The behavior is somewhat unpredictable and inconsistent.

Just a short report: I manually entered this flight plan and flew it, and I did not recognize the behavior described above. Course on CDI and MFD were always correct, both when I stayed on course, and when I deviated from it.

Just a short report: I manually entered this flight plan and flew it, and I did not recognize the behavior described above. Course on CDI and MFD were always correct, both when I stayed on course, and when I deviated from it.
Mario,

Did you save the flight plan after you entered it?  If so, then that explains why it flew correctly.  If not... consider yourself lucky :)

Mario,

Did you save the flight plan after you entered it?  If so, then that explains why it flew correctly.  If not... consider yourself lucky :)

Then I consider myself lucky ;-) I actually tested the same flight with 2 other planes (the Carenado A36 and the Jason Chandler's old, but still nice Cirrus SR22), to compare how the GPS CDI behaves. Exactly the same.

• 1 month later...

Apparently you won't or can't fix this problem on X-Plane 9.  Perhaps you could enlighten us on the nature of the FMS problem.  What is causing the problem?  What can be done on '9' to minimize the problem.  If I upgraded to X-Plane 10, can I use my current Corvalis program or will I need to purchase it again?

Charles Roesch

Apparently you won't or can't fix this problem on X-Plane 9.  Perhaps you could enlighten us on the nature of the FMS problem.  What is causing the problem?  What can be done on '9' to minimize the problem.  If I upgraded to X-Plane 10, can I use my current Corvalis program or will I need to purchase it again?

Charles Roesch

Charles,

Version 1.5 of the Corvalis (with the FMS fix) is for XP10 only.  The problem had to do with the way X-Plane wants the data formatted for the FMS.  Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to "fix" this problem in XP9.  The code for the older versions was done in C++.  The code for version 1.5 was completely changed to Gizmo (Lua). They cannot be simply interchanged. If you upgrade to XP10 you will be able to get the current version of the Corvalis (1.5) at NO CHARGE!  As a Corvalis customer, you should have gotten a notice of the 1.5 upgrade when it was released.  If you want to upgrade and do not have the link, please contact Cameron at X-Aviation and he will get you a link for the download.

Jim