Auto Reverse problem.

Suprex

Good morning,

can you explain better how it works automatically?

With my Force Feedback 2 it works well in Manual mode (I assigned the unlock to the Spece key), but also by selecting flag "Use PL Auto-Latch" it does not work automatically.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Suprex said:

Good morning,

With my Force Feedback 2 it works well in Manual mode (I assigned the unlock to the Spece key), but also by selecting flag "Use PL Auto-Latch" it does not work automatically.

Thanks.

Its not an auto reverse, you have to move your throttle into reverse, but your throtlle must be synced or it wont move. There is another post all about it.

21 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

‎Non è un inverso automatico, devi spostare l'acceleratore in retromarcia, ma la tua throtlle deve essere sincronizzata o non si muoverà. C'è un altro post tutto su di esso‎.

I badly explained myself. By "auto reverse" I meant the "automatic release of the latches".

What do you mean by "syncrhronized"?

After touchdown I move the joystick(power command) slowly so that the green rectangles drag the yellow indicators that stop in the " FLT IDL" position.

There is no way to bring them down (GND IDLE - REV).

As I have already written, in manual mode, the latches are released (by SPACE key) and the revs works very well. 

6 hours ago, Suprex said:

1 hour ago, RainerBerlin said:

Couldn't the function be explained once in a Youtube tutorial?

There is nothing complicated with this.

The flight idle stop is depicted as the red line in the TQ Viewer.  The Flight Idle Stop is not something you can control, it is automated based on several parameters.  

The latches allow you to move below Flight Idle (when on the ground) and can be controlled either manually or automatically as follows .....

If you select the option for "Use PL Auto-Latch" in the User Preferences then the latches are engaged automatically when the Flight Idle Stop is released and you do not need to engage the latches manually at all, EVER.

If the  "Use PL Auto-Latch" is not selected then you will need to engage the latches yourself manually.  However, you will NOT be able to move the Power Levers below Flight Idle until the Flight Idle Stop is released (red line is NOT displayed). 

In ALL cases your hardware levers MUST be in sync with the cockpit Power Lever manipulators.  This can be observed using the TQ viewer.

Edited by JGregory

I think so too Gregory. I repeat: I disengage the PL latches manually, the power levers are free, the REV works very good. This on the ground and on landing.

My problems start when i select, from "Saab User Preferences", Use PL Auto-Latch. After starting the engines the flag (Use PL Auto-Latch) disappears.

By selecting it again the Power Levers Auto-Latch disengages not works.

The system works great in flight. In fact if I mistakenly disengage the PL latch manually, it is still impossible to cross the red line in TQ.

I hope I have not written badly, sorry, my english is not correct.

1 hour ago, Suprex said:

I think so too Gregory. I repeat: I disengage the PL latches manually, the power levers are free, the REV works very good. This on the ground and on landing.

My problems start when i select, from "Saab User Preferences", Use PL Auto-Latch. After starting the engines the flag (Use PL Auto-Latch) disappears.

By selecting it again the Power Levers Auto-Latch disengages not works.

The system works great in flight. In fact if I mistakenly disengage the PL latch manually, it is still impossible to cross the red line in TQ.

I hope I have not written badly, sorry, my english is not correct.

Are you using Auto-Start ??

7 hours ago, JGregory said:

In ALL cases your hardware levers MUST be in sync with the cockpit Power Lever manipulators.  This can be observed using the TQ viewer.

I have had some more time... and have set the following:

- XP 11 > Menue Joystick > Active profile (XP11) > Suitable profile assigned > Saab 340

- My TWCS Throttle > Red button on the right side assigned > Right & Left Power Lever Flight Idle Latch

- Saab User Preferences > Use PL Auto-Latch

- After touch down > Push the red button > the REV works. :D

Thanks for the support

11 minutes ago, RainerBerlin said:

I have had some more time... and have set the following:

- XP 11 > Menue Joystick > Active profile (XP11) > Suitable profile assigned > Saab 340

- My TWCS Throttle > Red button on the right side assigned > Right & Left Power Lever Flight Idle Latch

- Saab User Preferences > Use PL Auto-Latch

- After touch down > Push the red button > the REV works. :D

Thanks for the support

Glad it worked out for you !!!

16 hours ago, JGregory said:

Are you using Auto-Start ??

Rarely.

I use the manual start but with the logic of v1.5. Apparently it works.

I confirm that it is the Auto-Start that disables the flag of the "Use PL Auto-Latch".

For me no problem using the release of the latches manually.

I don't understand where I'm wrong for the automatic release?

Thanks for your patience.

15 hours ago, Suprex said:

Rarely.

I use the manual start but with the logic of v1.5. Apparently it works.

I confirm that it is the Auto-Start that disables the flag of the "Use PL Auto-Latch".

For me no problem using the release of the latches manually.

I don't understand where I'm wrong for the automatic release?

Thanks for your patience.

I cannot recreate this problem.  Auto-Start is NOT changing the Auto Latch Preference.

You will need to send me a video showing the TQ Viewer and the User Pref window when you are experiencing this problem (including using Auto-Start).  Until then I am considering this a non-bug.

13 hours ago, JGregory said:

I cannot recreate this problem.  Auto-Start is NOT changing the Auto Latch Preference.

You will need to send me a video showing the TQ Viewer and the User Pref window when you are experiencing this problem (including using Auto-Start).  Until then I am considering this a non-bug.

The video has a poor quality despite of its dimension. In the end I disengaged the Latch manually.

I have a second computer, without flight peripherals, and the behavior of the keyboard throttle is the same.