Taxi Light

sirtopper

9 hours ago, JGregory said:

Whatever is going on with the lighting in the distance has nothing to do with the taxi light. 

Please take a picture from outside the aircraft, at nigh, with the taxi light on, pointing at the area in front of the aircraft, and post it here. 

I think I raised this before, the taxi light lights up buildings well but not the taxiway, was mentioned to increase beam width some what to help instead of angling down.

5 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I think I raised this before, the taxi light lights up buildings well but not the taxiway, was mentioned to increase beam width some what to help instead of angling down.

There is no way the taxi light was lighting up buildings that are as far away as the OP shows in that screenshot. And if it were angled down too far it certainly wouldn't light up anything in the distance.

5 hours ago, JGregory said:

There is no way the taxi light was lighting up buildings that are as far away as the OP shows in that screenshot. And if it were angled down too far it certainly wouldn't light up anything in the distance.

Not in that shot no. But as i said i did raise it in previous post because it barely lights the ground but when you aproach buildings they get all lit up. I asked to have it tilted down a liitle but response was a larger beamwidth preffered

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Not in that shot no. But as i said i did raise it in previous post because it barely lights the ground but when you aproach buildings they get all lit up. I asked to have it tilted down a liitle but response was a larger beamwidth preffered

The taxi light and landing light were adjusted to be brighter in 1.6.2.  I will make another slight adjustment to the taxi light brightness for the next update.  However, we will not be able to adjust tilt until v2.0.

18 minutes ago, sirtopper said:

There is a wall in the distance that seems to be highly reflective and reacting to the taxi light. Have attached a recording to hopefully show I'm not seeing things.

Regards

It's a little difficult for me to gauge how far that wall is but my guess is that what you are seeing is more than likely some kind of issue in X-Plane, not the Saab.  Or, it may be a scenery issue.  

Does the same thing happen with the Landing Lights?

Is that a custom airpor /scenery?

Are you using Vulkan/Metal or OpenGL ?

Edited by JGregory

I found a tip from a general x-plane forum and solved it to LES Saab 340. You can increase both taxi and landing light enormously by changing the following parameters from present 1.0 up to 9.0 in the custom_lights.obj. The attached pictures are with 7.0.

Notice values 7.0: LIGHT_PARAM airplane_taxi_sp    0.0    -0.25    -0.19    7.0    7.0    0.85    0    1500    0.9239

Remark: the value 1500 above was changed from 1200 to the latest 1.6.5 update, but I could't see any difference.

Notice values 7.0 and do this to L/R landing light: LIGHT_PARAM airplane_landing_sp        -0.745    -1.11    -2.545    7.0    7.0    7.0    0    2000    0.9396

Please enjoy the night flight!

Saab 340 own landing light 7.PNG

Saab 340 own taxi light 7 v2.PNG

1379935788_Saab340owntaxilight7v3.PNG

171613982_Saab340ownlandinglight7v2.PNG

55 minutes ago, Juha L said:

I found a tip from a general x-plane forum and solved it to LES Saab 340. You can increase both taxi and landing light enormously by changing the following parameters from present 1.0 up to 9.0 in the custom_lights.obj. The attached pictures are with 7.0.

Notice values 7.0: LIGHT_PARAM airplane_taxi_sp    0.0    -0.25    -0.19    7.0    7.0    0.85    0    1500    0.9239

Remark: the value 1500 above was changed from 1200 to the latest 1.6.5 update, but I could't see any difference.

Notice values 7.0 and do this to L/R landing light: LIGHT_PARAM airplane_landing_sp        -0.745    -1.11    -2.545    7.0    7.0    7.0    0    2000    0.9396

Please enjoy the night flight!

We DO NOT recommend or condone changing any files associated with the Saab!!!!