Entegra position of popout is not stored and used during next airplane load

cats38

Hi yesterday I received this wonderfull airplane, great work!!

I just finished building a simulator for an real Cirrus SR20 pilot and was very happy that the popout function for the pfd and mfd are working.
We created panels on separate touchscreens using Air Manager and dragged the pfd and mfd panels to that panel, unfotunately these positions seems not be saved.

It would realy be great, if the position of the popout panels could be saved and automatically placed to the saved position when starting the airplane next time.

Regards Alexander

Automatic Popout position saving is tied to the RealSimGear plugin, manually setting the coordinates in the popups.cfg in the plugins/sr_systavi/settings file should work for position, though the commands will need to be triggered manually.

Hi Coop, thanks for the reply. I found the file popups.cfg you mentioned in ... plugins/sr_systavi/settings.

1. It contains:     # libacfutils configuration file - DO NOT EDIT!

2. How should the coordinates entered there ? (we are having three 50 inch main monitors driven by xplane and two 24 inch montors with Air Manager panels. The Entegra PFD and MFD should show up on one of the two touchscreens

3. To issue the comand I assume you mean i have to issue one or two of the following cmd's, this would not be a problem I could do this in my Air Manager panel instrument, correct?
afm/sr/cmd/popup/MFD_NOBEZEL   and   afm/sr/cmd/popup/PFD_NOBEZEL

The picture attached is showing our setup with the Cirrus from C74.net which will be replaced by your SR20 Entegra

Regards Alexander

IMG-20210318-WA0000.jpg

Hi Coop, i hope you had a nice easter weekend. I tried what you suggested but it did not work.
I tried to enter some panel position information into:  ..xplane 11/aircraft/X-Aviation/torqueSim SR20 Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi/popups.cfg
But the contens of the file will be overwritten. And position is not read from there.

sr22_popout_1.jpg:  shows my setup. Top Monitor for Xplane, bottom monitor touchscreen for my AirManager panels. PDF and MFD NOBezel are positioned.

sr22_popout_1.jpg:  shows my Airmanager panels with the popouts included. Unfortunatel the position of the popouts seems not to be saved and are not shown and positioned after restarting the airplane.

sr22_popout_3.jpg: With the realityxp GNS430 the popout handling works fine. I can position it (usually this is on my third screen) on another monitor, the position is remembered and automatically started and positioned after restart of the Airplane.

oops just recognized its not SR22 it should state SR20

Regards Alexander

sr22_popout_1.jpg

sr22_popout_2.jpg

sr22_popout_3.jpg

Hi Coop happy easter, thanks a lot this really helps. Great support!

Now i can fine tune my settings.

During programing of my AirManager panels, I found that it looks that the datarefs and cmd's for bat1 and bat2 seems to be swapped

"afm/sr/f/switches/bat1"  and   "afm/sr/f/switches/bat2"

"afm/sr/cmd/switches/bat1_Toggle" and "afm/sr/cmd/switches/bat2_Toggle"

Hi Coop, thanks for the hint, that was my fault, didnt read the text properly getting old!!!

The popouts are working fine now also for my customer I was building the sim for is very happy.
This is by far the best implementation of the Cirrus and we tested  all available for xplane.

Regards Alexander

From Munich Bavaria

• 4 months later...