X-Plane 11 crash after updating to version 1.6.4

Pedro Sousa

12 minutes ago, Pedro Sousa said:

I`ve just updated my SAAB 340A to version 1.6.4. A couple of minutes after starting the simulator with the aircraft on ramp X-P11 crashes.

Please explain what "crashes" means..... did the sim crash to desktop, or did the sim "hang", or something else?

What airport were you loading at?  

Try moving to another airport that is much further away and see what happens.

You are also running a LOT of plugins, which could also be causing an issue.  If you want to test this then remove all the plugins from your plugins folder except for Gizmo.  Then relaunch the sim and load the Saab and see what happens.  If the sim does not crash then one of those plugins is causing a problem.  Put the plugins back in the plugins folder one at a time and then relaunch the sim and load the Saab.  Keep doing that until you get the crash and that will tell you the problem plugin.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, JGregory said:

Please explain what "crashes" means..... did the sim crash to desktop, or did the sim "hang", or something else?

What airport were you loading at?  

Try moving to another airport that is much further away and see what happens.

You are also running a LOT of plugins, which could also be causing an issue.  If you want to test this then remove all the plugins from your plugins folder except for Gizmo.  Then relaunch the sim and load the Saab and see what happens.  If the sim does not crash then one of those plugins is causing a problem.  Put the plugins back in the plugins folder one at a time and then relaunch the sim and load the Saab.  Keep doing that until you get the crash and that will tell you the problem plugin.

I made a drastic decision.

I removed and reinstalled X-Plane 11.53.

Then I installed my SAAB 340A 1.6.4 and nothing else. EUREKA!!!! It works fine.

Version 1.6.3 is good and 1.6.4 is even better.

EXCELLENT aircraft!

Now I'm going to install the necessary plugins, one by one and check if any of them causes the crash with the SAAB 340A...

If that happens I'll inform you.

• Like 1