V1.6.4 First Flight & a Couple of Issues

Cam

I dare say ignore the Ng to an extent, it seems to be a tad higher than it should be at a glance.
You've got a fairly cold day there, I'm used to the tropics, but a Saab does not like climbing, especially in high climb mode.
She really starts to peak out around that point, trying to get to F250 in high climb will take all day.

CTOT (Constant torque on Takeoff) simply upscales the fuel flow to achieve the set torque on the dial.
It is used only on take-off and low level go arounds, then turned off when setting climb power.

N1K, thanks for the answer. I understand that it is difficult to climb to a height. But, the characteristics allow it. Especially in winter. An-24 aircraft of the same class, only 20 years older, with engines of lower power and four bladed propellers, is quietly gaining 6000m. Okay, no one will do anything anyway. After all, it is very difficult to create a complete package of an aircraft with documentation and utilities. Not every author will do this. Firms respecting themselves and their name do just that. This is probably not the case here.

We fly on what we have.

6 hours ago, Candid said:

During the flights, it was noticed:

Maximum takeoff weight.

Fig. 1 In the climb and using the CTOT system, the engine speed goes beyond the limits. But the thrust and vertical climb speed are good.

The engine speed is NOT beyond the limits.  What you are seeing is partially due to viewing angle.

6 hours ago, Candid said:

For the sake of such an application do I need to buy an iPhone? !!! Is it really impossible to create the simplest bootloader-manager as part of the package itself? The authors had enough skill to create an airplane. Set the price too. But making life for a virpil is a little easier - no)))

P/S/ Many companies write their own utilities and it is very convenient to use them. I don't like Apple!)

Huh ??

7 hours ago, Candid said:

For the sake of such an application do I need to buy an iPhone? !!! Is it really impossible to create the simplest bootloader-manager as part of the package itself? The authors had enough skill to create an airplane. Set the price too. But making life for a virpil is a little easier - no)))

P/S/ Many companies write their own utilities and it is very convenient to use them. I don't like Apple!)

Android version is in development. Should cover the rest of the world except for those who deliberately refuse to use a smart phone.

10 hours ago, Candid said:

N1K, thanks for the answer. I understand that it is difficult to climb to a height. But, the characteristics allow it. Especially in winter. An-24 aircraft of the same class, only 20 years older, with engines of lower power and four bladed propellers, is quietly gaining 6000m. Okay, no one will do anything anyway. After all, it is very difficult to create a complete package of an aircraft with documentation and utilities. Not every author will do this. Firms respecting themselves and their name do just that. This is probably not the case here.

We fly on what we have.

You said you are a pilot, but from what I gather you want them to make the plane unrealistic because to you its not right, as for manuals, some are free, some are copyright, if you would like to pay for them go ahead, as I said there are plenty of you tube saab 340 flights real ones in cockpit demonstrating the procedures, you should go watch a few, i have seeing very little difference in any of them.

Found this after few minutes of looking

340 performance.JPG

Edited by mjrhealth

Ha ha, 210 knots and 700 fpm at F200 in a saab :lol:
That's down right impossible, there is no way she would do that without max continuous power.
Also descends at Vmo +30, a very annoying noise would be heard for that descent.

---
Using those 1230rpm climb charts in the docs folder feels about right. Ng is indeed below 100% with them.

Edited by N1K
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Candid said:

By the way, the pitch trim indicator does not change its position depending on the speed during level flight with the help of the autopilot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

A known problem with a fix in the next update I think.

4 hours ago, N1K said:

Ha ha, 210 knots and 700 fpm at F200 in a saab :lol:
That's down right impossible, there is no way she would do that without max continuous power.
Also descends at Vmo +30, a very annoying noise would be heard for that descent.

---
Using those 1230rpm climb charts in the docs folder feels about right. Ng is indeed below 100% with them.

Ye im usually around 150 kts, descend 1400 fpm to manage speed seems to work

Maybe you should read more carefully what I wrote about? I wrote about the elevator trim indicator and for clarity I have attached screenshots with different indicated speeds. In doing so, I did not take into account the correct operation of the engines. I wrote about the operating modes of the engines above. You just have to write something, right? 

Does the aircraft manual say something about which model is recommended? If so, then I agree with you that because of the flight model, everything is not working correctly for me.

The manual has not been altered, as it seems to me from the very first versions. And that's bad.

Edited by Candid