Saab 340A Throttle Problems

Jimbo41

I just read thru all the previous posts about throttle problems, and previously I searched thru the Manual.  I have had similar problems with the throttles as described in some of the posts i.e. runaway throttles, hardware throttles become unattached to a/c throttles, etc.  The reason I am (gently) revisiting this subject is because I didn't read any solution.  Did I miss something (there were a lot of posts) or is there no solution currently.  I believe I have the latest version of the sim having just purchased it a few days ago, 1.6.3.

Thanks for any help.

Jimbo

Let's take this one step at a time.  If you can recreate one of your problems (ie. runaway throttles), please post the exacts steps to make this happen and describe exactly what you are seeing/experiencing when the problem occurs. Screenshots and/or video clips would be very helpful.

You many want to wait until v1.6.4 as there are some changes coming to the throttles mainly regarding the Flight Idle Latches and Flight Idle Stop.  If you still have problems after trying 1.6.4 then let us know by following my instructions in the first paragraph above.

Okay, I'll wait for the next update.  If it comes to describing what's  happening I'll try, but just thinking about that and I realize how difficult that would be--many things are happening at once.  I have a flight paused now with the unresponsive hardware throttle problem, so I'll get back in the cockpit and try to note exactly what is  happening.  If I figure anything out I'll let you know.

Thanks.

JGregory,

The 1.6.4 update fixed all my problems.  Congratulations and many thanks to all of you for great product support.

The only nit I now have to pick is the external sound seems subdued, and I have both the a/c external sound and x-plane sound maxed.  Internally it sounds great.  Years ago I flew turboprops (twin otters, king airs, volpars) and this is the way I remember them.  Super job.

MJR,

After further messing around I discovered the throttle display, and I bet I was doing exactly as you said.  I had a feeling then that I was missing something.  All is well now.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by Jimbo41

14 minutes ago, Jimbo41 said:

The only nit I now have to pick is the external sound seems subdued, and I have both the a/c external sound and x-plane sound maxed.  Internally it sounds great. 

We have had no reports of issues with the external sound.  And, on my system, the external sounds are what I would expect.  The external sounds should be considerably louder than the internal sounds.

Do you possibly have another plugin that is interfering with this?   

If you want you can post your log.txt file here and I will look at it.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo41 said:

The only thing in that log that might be an issue is this plugin ....'X-ATC-Chatter"

You might try removing that from the plugins folder and see if that changes anything.  Other than that I don't have any suggestions.  Obviously sound volume is somewhat subjective so I'm not sure there is a problem here. Make sure all the Saab sound sliders are to the right to do a fair test.