SR22 Entegra - Rough Engine

ItchyEye

When I run the NA version, my engine will run rough, as if plug fouling is occuring, while in the air.  the RPM will bounce all over the place.  There are no indications of problems prior to departure.  The TN version runs smooth as butter.

Not sure what I'm doing, i've following Greams video to with learning and what not.  Are there issues with the engine or is it just me?

Edited by ItchyEye

I've also had some odd and extreme RPM fluctuations on both the SR22 Entegra and the SR22 Perspective. The fluctuations can be from near <2000 rpm to >3000 rpm. The MP and %Pwr fluctuate accordingly.

I know yet know of its something I'm doing or some corner-of-box bug that I stumble into somehow. I adjust the mixture, pull Alt-Air, nothing makes an immediate change. I believe that every time it has happened I've been in above freezing temps so induction system icing should not be an issue but I pull Alt-Air anyway.
I'll focus more on trying to determine if there is a repeatable sequence that causes this.

@Coop,

So, I re-performed all the maintenance actions again (my mechanic must be loving me by now...lol).  I started XP11 without any plugins except for Gizmo64 and X-Camera.  Loaded up the SR22_AVIDYNE_DFC90.and began startup procedures (leaned on the ground and warming up).  Executed the takeoff roll with flaps at 50% and power smoothly to full throttle (mixture full rich).  The RPM's are smooth all the way up until I hit around 2300 and beyond.  Once I get to around 2300, the gauge is bouncing all over the place, I can't even read the numbers it's moving so much.  Consequently, the power is moving all over the place too.  I can reject the takeoff at this point and come to a complete stop with idle power (1000 RPM) and it's nice and steady again.  

I don't know how else to explain it.  I guess I could record a video, but I've never done that before.  I could try if it would help.

Like I said, the TN version of the aircraft doesn't have this issue.  Everything works as expected.

Thanks for helping

Scott 

2 hours ago, Coop said:

If you open Task Manager, what is your CPU % usage? 

setup a new session, my CPU stays between 65 and 75%

I also captured the CPU utilization when in the TN version, it varied between 65 and 70%.  Hope that helps  

After that, I ran the installer again, hoping something just didn't install properly. No joy. Same issue. 

Sorry for all the trouble with thus. I appreciate any help. 

Edited by ItchyEye

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Something to try, backup then delete the NA_AV_State.txt file from X-Plane/Output/SR22.

I deleted the file and restarted a new session...same results.  

Here's where it gets interesting.  I loaded up the TN version and performed a takeoff, just for a sanity check, and all was perfect with the RPM's.  Instead of shutting down XP and restarting in the NA version, I just immediately loaded the NA version and executed a takeoff.  No bouncing of the RPM's.  It was smooth as silk.  Next, I shut down XP and loaded the NA up and the RPM's were unstable again.  

Does that help in any way explain what the issue could be?  It is repeatable as I did the above twice and had the same results.

Thanks @Coop for being patient with me and this problem.

<edit> To be clear about all this, all I have to do is bootup XP with the TN version.  I don't have to turn on anything (battery, etc).  Then, immediately load up the NA version, and everything works as expected.  But, if I boot up XP and start the NA version straight away, I'll get fluctuating RPMs.

Scott 

Edited by ItchyEye

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 1.0.1, hoping that the NA version has stable power for me. Unfortunately, I still have the same issues. The only way to fly the NA  is to load the TN, and then immediately load the NA. 

Is there any reason this would occur? 

Edited by ItchyEye