Horizon cloud coverage is not possible

Ifikratis

Hi,

I am quite disappointed because the product claims to offer cloud coverage horizon to horizon for airline operations as per product page description:

Highlighted Features

• Extends all the way to the horizon

I see this problem to all my flights, I just decided to write about it and ask support.

The following screens are from an overcast layer seen from FL270 so not particularly very high. These are with the cloud distance slider in SkyMax Pro 5 settings all the way to the right and without volumetric clouds. I used the "Fast" Cumulus option. You can clearly see that this does not look realistic. And even for this look you have to pay with low fps for maximum performance, if I need better performance (again without volumetric clouds) I have to get half that cloud distance cover. 

I use Real World Weather Connector configured for ActiveSky XP.

I am sorry but this is not what advertised. Is there something wrong with my settings? If not, is this actively been worked to be resolved? 

586623015_A300_PW-2021-03-2813_06_11.png

1553741794_A300_PW-2021-03-2813_06_14.png

551754382_A300_PW-2021-03-2813_06_17.png

1698673715_A300_PW-2021-03-2813_06_20.png

Edited by Ifikratis

At its highest setting, SkyMaxx Pro will draw clouds out to 350 km. I think what you're seeing is a false horizon caused by the blending of X-Plane's sky with our Hosek-Wilkie sky model near the horizon. If you set it to default sky, it might look more like what you expect.