Gizmo Activation on Linux

oxff

@oxff

Your latest post has been pared down to remove the nonsense you were asked to discontinue.

While you want to attempt to school others on your knowledge and flex or look down on them, you're clearly missing the point being made in this topic. System V is irrelevant to the core fact the aircraft has been compiled and tested in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and successfully shipped to other users on that platform. While it may be giving an issue in 1.0.3 as shipped to you, it does not dismiss the fact other versions up and to this point worked, including that of the build internally tested for 1.0.3. Coop already stated to you he would investigate where wires got crossed to ship that wrongly compiled System V binary in 1.0.3. Your mere suggestions that the team was not doing their part to address any issue is what started this debacle in the first place.

This is your one and only warning, because I've frankly had enough after seeing the arrogance in your last message I just removed 95% of. Knock it off or get suspended. No more.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, oxff said:

Thank you Coop! Let me know if you need anything from me or want me to test something. I ran thru the majority of the systems and the only issue is the transponder. Datarefs show it's operational, it's just not displaying. Adding my log just in case.

Not seeing anything in the log to signify issues in the loading process. So hitting any of the buttons on the transponder (on/alt/etc.) don't do anything? 

6 minutes ago, Coop said:

So hitting any of the buttons on the transponder (on/alt/etc.) don't do anything? 

The buttons are working in terms of changing datarefs. It's just the screen that is blank. With the aircraft cold and dark, the screen is still lit up if that gives you any clues. If there are any datarefs that control this, let me know what to look for I'm happy to provide them.

9 minutes ago, oxff said:

The buttons are working in terms of changing datarefs. It's just the screen that is blank. With the aircraft cold and dark, the screen is still lit up if that gives you any clues. If there are any datarefs that control this, let me know what to look for I'm happy to provide them.

Can you send a picture of what you mean by the screen being lit up in the dark but blank when powered on?

2 hours ago, Coop said:

Can you send a picture of what you mean by the screen being lit up in the dark but blank when powered on?

Sure thing! 3 photos attached. First is initial load cold and dark, second is powered on with datarefs, and third is cold and dark after power on. Hopefully the forum puts them in the right order, if not, they go in timestamp order.

1234093221_SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90-2022-02-0714_36_54.png

491508890_SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90-2022-02-0714_38_56.png

1261914456_SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90-2022-02-0714_39_32.png

There are and here's what I see in that directory:

$ ls
0.png  ALT.png      CLOCK_7.png     FLIGHT_TIME.png    PRESSURE_ALT.png
1.png  CLOCK_0.png  CLOCK_8.png     FL.png             REPLYin.png
2.png  CLOCK_1.png  CLOCK_9.png     IDENT.png          REPLY.png
3.png  CLOCK_2.png  COLON.png       LOAD_BAR.png       SBY.png
4.png  CLOCK_3.png  CONTRAST.png    LOAD_BOX.png
5.png  CLOCK_4.png  COUNT_DOWN.png  LOAD_SCREEN.PNG
6.png  CLOCK_5.png  COUNT_UP.png    ON.png
7.png  CLOCK_6.png  DISPLAY.png     PRESSURE_ALT2.png

There's no boot screen and when turned off it stays green. I managed to get a video under the upload size limit.

Edit: Looks like the video isn't working for me so please let me know if it's DOA for you as well. It shows in the message preview just not after I post it.

Edited by oxff

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just updated my SR22 to 1.1.0, unfortunately it stopped working. The previous version was working fine for me. It appears to be the same error as in the first Linux release (build dependency issue), so I hope that it's not too difficult to fix.

dlerror:/home/jan/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi/lin_x64/sr_systavi.xpl: undefined symbol: ASN1_ANY_it

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: previous thread for same error in old version

Log.txt

Edited by javaes

3 hours ago, javaes said:

Hi, I just updated my SR22 to 1.1.0, unfortunately it stopped working. The previous version was working fine for me. It appears to be the same error as in the first Linux release (build dependency issue), so I hope that it's not too difficult to fix.

dlerror:/home/jan/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi/lin_x64/sr_systavi.xpl: undefined symbol: ASN1_ANY_it

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: previous thread for same error in old version

Log.txt 741.18 kB · 0 downloads

Which OS/Distro are you running?

Edited by Coop

2 hours ago, javaes said:

I'm using Arch Linux. For which libraries should I check?

Seems to be an error with either libcrypto/openssl/and/or curl. We compile now on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and these libraries are set to statically link at compile time. 

4 hours ago, Coop said:

Seems to be an error with either libcrypto/openssl/and/or curl. We compile now on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and these libraries are set to statically link at compile time. 

Hi Coop, I have checked on my system, libcrypto is installed through the openssl package on Arch. Can you please check if anything related to the Linux build process since the previous release? That one was working perfectly fine for me and as I encountered the same error in version 1.0.2 it could be a regression at least affecting some Linux systems.

• 1 month later...