Graphic issues with TBM 900

rserpieri

Hello, I have just purchased the TBM 900, it is a nice software and can't wait to fully enjoy It.

Unfortunately, I am having some issues with the graphics: everytime I start the TBM tutorial my screen goes blank and I cannot see the TBM panel anymore but I do see the tutorial window (as shiwn in the picture).

The panel also disappears when I try to use the AOA gauge.

In both cases the only thing I can see, other than the blank screen, is the x-plane top menu bar.

I am using ShadeX but I am not seeing issues with any other plane addon.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

IMG_20210327_220855.jpg

I would like you to try 2 things.

Disable Vulkan and run the sim in OpenGL mode.  And also remove ShadeX.  The other issue I see is that the log file is indicating you also have Reshade installed.  If so, can you make sure all files associated with Shadex and reshade are removed (not disabled), and test again.

Keep in mind, this is not a solution I'm proposing, but more of a process of elimination.  

Please post back results.

Any 3rd party plugins can be found in the X-Plane/Resources/plugins folder.  

If it gets a little confusing, or you're too nervous about removing files and folders, just install a separate, temporary copy of X-Plane, and install the TBM into that.  No other plugins, aircraft or scenery.  If it works there, then there is something awry with the original X-Plane install which would need further investigation.

Hi Goran, I was able to delete Reshade and upon loading XP11 with the TBM I still had the same issues but if I momentarely disable ShadeX through the plugin admin and enable it right away everthing seems to work fine and I can see the TBM tutorial and the panel at the same time, I can use the AOA gauge and I don't get a blank screen anymore.

I tried a couple of times and I can always overcome the isuues by momentarely disabling and then enabling ShadeX once again.

With the above "procedure" I can also use the TBM with ShadeX and everthing seems to work fine.

I also tried with other addon aircrafts for which there is no need to apply "the procedure" because they work right away with ShadeX.

Kind regards,

Roberto

5 hours ago, rserpieri said:

Hi Goran, I was able to delete Reshade and upon loading XP11 with the TBM I still had the same issues but if I momentarely disable ShadeX through the plugin admin and enable it right away everthing seems to work fine and I can see the TBM tutorial and the panel at the same time, I can use the AOA gauge and I don't get a blank screen anymore.

I tried a couple of times and I can always overcome the isuues by momentarely disabling and then enabling ShadeX once again.

With the above "procedure" I can also use the TBM with ShadeX and everthing seems to work fine.

I also tried with other addon aircrafts for which there is no need to apply "the procedure" because they work right away with ShadeX.

Kind regards,

Roberto

If you're happy with that work-a-round, then by all means, continue with it.

Try to avoid comparing the TBM with other add ons.  A lot of stuff in the TBM, you won't find in other add ons.  A perfect example of this is the ice and rain effects.  When other drawing plugins are introduced, like reshade or shadex, unpredictable things may happen.

However, as I mentioned, if it works, then by all means continue using it how you wish.  Glad you got it working.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

If you're happy with that work-a-round, then by all means, continue with it.

Try to avoid comparing the TBM with other add ons.  A lot of stuff in the TBM, you won't find in other add ons.  A perfect example of this is the ice and rain effects.  When other drawing plugins are introduced, like reshade or shadex, unpredictable things may happen.

However, as I mentioned, if it works, then by all means continue using it how you wish.  Glad you got it working.

Thanks for your help Goran, I'll stick with the work-a-round and I will report back should any problem arise.

Kind regards,

Roberto