WIP 01 - The external plane

No rendering screens this time. Just screen captures from the 3D program. Now the diffuse Shadow is baked over the plane, and those shadows will be shown on x-plane. There are 2x2048 and 3x1014 textures in whole the plane. Exported to x-plane to see frames impact and really nice: over 100 fps.

18-Crj.jpg

19-Crj.jpg

20-Crj.jpg

21-Crj.jpg

22-Crj.jpg

17-Crj.jpg

First testings on x-plane 9.30 Beta 1. Still has to do the remake of the smoothing groups, and shining not over all parts of the plane. The screenshot are taken and not modified at all. Just like they are. Where 1900pixels with all higher.. and 80fps. Not too much difference between the screens I uploaded outside the simulator.  :)

30-Crj.jpg

31-Crj.jpg

32-Crj.jpg

33-Crj.jpg

• 1 month later...

any I think....

Well... My computer is a Intel Quad Core 6600, Nvidia 8800 GTS (360mb) 2 years computer old (the firsts 8800.. that where slowers than the newer 8800), and 3 gb ram, on xp sp3.

I have on a clear day 40-50 fps on cockpit (outside is more). With cloulds less.. but the same as other aircrafts.

On vista on my work on other computer.. I have on 9.30 b8 40 fps or so.

So for now.. no problem on performance.  :)

Can we have some previews of the functioning of the systems?

There are no previews to give of this at this time. We are in the very early stages of systems, as the primary concern over the last bit of time has been the 3D modeling. Systems are up next, and will be a rather lengthy process.

Is that "shine" at the tip of the engines part of the sim, or is that from a picture?

The shine is from X-Plane.

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Well my intention is to release the most important liveries on the CRJ. I think I could start a poll to paint 5 liveries, and the most voted would be included (the Spanish one is included from the begining and would be 5 more).

About the Normal maps.. Yes. I think I can include them without problem. For me is more important an Specular Mapping that still is not included on X-plane, but make the Normal map is easy.

• 2 months later...

Hi javier!

i don't know how to post this question, i think all the sections are good so i post here.

what about sounds? are you providing an immersive and realistic set of sounds?

(obviously this question is extended to all x-pilot projects but i don't want to post the same question in every project sections)

thanks in advance and i wish you an happy new 2010

Nik

Hi javier!

i don't know how to post this question, i think all the sections are good so i post here.

what about sounds? are you providing an immersive and realistic set of sounds?

(obviously this question is extended to all x-pilot projects but i don't want to post the same question in every project sections)

thanks in advance and i wish you an happy new 2010

Nik

The simple answer to this is "yes," we are incorporating sound sets into the package.

yes.. yes.. as Cameron said.. he was recording sounds on his lots of lying time on the CRJ and I have put some of them. Even yesterday I was looking finally for a good 'click' sound for the switches, because I hate the default one on x-plane!! haha. Finally I have one good.