SR22 Entegra unstable performance

fillikirch

Hello,

ive bought the SR22 Entegra yesterday (after buying the SR22 and SR20 earlier) and i must say it looks and sounds amazing. I however am experiencing extremely unstable performance with drops down to the point where x plane freezes together with my whole computer for a short while. Even if that is not the case the FPS are fluctuating extremely between 18-45 fps (one frame to the next). In the G1000 SR22 apart from a initial frame drop after loading, it stabilizes at around 42 fps in the same scenery and does not fluctuate more than 2-3 fps. I have tried reducing antialiasing aswell as texture resol ution to now avail (frames tend to be slightly higher but the fluctuations are the same). I also tried disabling all other plugins to no avail. These are my usual settings, lowering texture quality and AA did not change anything. See log for my specs.

Screenshot_10.thumb.jpg.4360d7333254027f534d3158d5edec5e.jpg

Log.txt

• fillikirch changed the title to SR22 Entegra unstable performance (wrong subforum please move)
  • Cameron changed the title to SR22 Entegra unstable performance
1 hour ago, fillikirch said:

Upon trying to load the SR22TN DFC90 X-Plane crashes after being loaded in at the airport at around 1 fps

With 4 threads, performance will suffer. Our minimum supported is quad-core, 8 threads. Your CPU should support hyper threading which should help with performance, but it appears has been turned off. The should help performance.

On low-spec computers, you can also run on the engine page instead of the map page and less will happen in the background. Someone on our beta team was running on a 2xxx series i5 4 thread CPU and was able to work with that, though I expect their X-Plane settings weren't set so high. 

• Like 1

Switched on Hyperthreading: Works like a charm at 47 fps (only sometimes minute drops in fps which is way better than before). Thankyou very much Coop. Btw i love the SR22 (i have the SR22 G1000 and Entegra aswell as the SR20 G1000 and i will get the SR20 Entegra too)

Edited by fillikirch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fsbloch said:

I think it was a good idea to disable all plugins I don't need for testing. For me, the plugin RealViewNext probably caused the inconsistent fps. After I deactivated it, the SR22 runs without frame drops.

The RealViewNext plugin was not the cause of the unstable fps. Unfortunately, these are still present.