Position of Trim indicators during flight

aerox

I notice that when the 900 is in different modes of flight (TO, S&L) the position of the trim indicators doesn't seem to match reality. For example, in S&L, the rudder trim indicator is always to the left, to very far-left of neutral or normal but when I see videos of real TBMs in flight, the rudder trim indicator is where you'd expect it to be. 

I've flown with experimental mode on and off and I haven't detected any significant difference. My controls are calibrated and I test the trims prior to taxi, so I don't think it's my setup. Is it a limitation of XP or does the algorithm in the 900 just need some tweaking?

No, this is not related to 'P' factor - the aircraft is flying fine, I think it's just the algorithm to show the position of the trim indicator - I also meant to include in my spiel above, the pitch trim indicator is fully forward (nose down) in S&L and I'm sure I've seen videos showing this is not occurring in real TBMs.

It's no biggie, just asking the team if this is something they could look at or is it something related to the native XP platform.

• 2 months later...

In Cruise flight with the AP set I will get a pitch oscillation and see that  the pitch trim is set to significant pitch down.  I turn off the AP and the TBM900 pitches up significantly.  I have been able to manually set pitch trim for level flight and turn on the AP.  The pitch oscillation goes away.  It appears the AP is flighting the pitch trim setting.  I would have expected the AP uses pitch trim to control altitude and climb or descent.  Any similar experiences.  WRS

• Like 1

• 3 months later...