Visibility increases abruptly near ground

flightyler

2 hours ago, flightyler said:

I don't think that's us... generally speaking, we don't mess with visibility at all in X-Plane. We just draw clouds (and optionally precipitation and the sky itself)

The exception would be if you are entering the bottom of an overcast cloud layer there. Visibility would start to drop as you go into it. It's dark so I can't really tell from the video if that's the case.

22 hours ago, sundog said:

I don't think that's us... generally speaking, we don't mess with visibility at all in X-Plane. We just draw clouds (and optionally precipitation and the sky itself)

The exception would be if you are entering the bottom of an overcast cloud layer there. Visibility would start to drop as you go into it. It's dark so I can't really tell from the video if that's the case.

Yup that's what it was OVC002 if I recall correctly... also using asxp/rwc and xvisibility plugin. Surface visibility was supposed to be 5sm but appeared to be at least 20.

Edited by flightyler
added more info

On 3/25/2021 at 7:36 PM, flightyler said:

also using asxp/rwc and xvisibility plugin.

xVisibility might cause this. The plugin changes the haze drastically, increasing visibility at low altitude (below standard cloud layer 0) while decreasing visibility at higher altitudes (above standard cloud layer 0). Standard cloud layer means this is depending on a standard DataRef defining the lowest cloud layer position and this is also true when using SMP although you don't see the standard clouds - the dataref is still active and in use and xVisibility adjusts haze using this DataRef.

Anyway you can adjust this in the xVisibility script changing some values or using FTU for configuration (in submenu "atmosphere + visibility").