TBM Crashes X-Plane

tony99982

Hello, 

I have the latest version of the TBM, every time mid-flight X-Plane crashes when flying it, looking at the log file doesn't help me and I don't know why it does that, also when I connect to Vatsim the frames drop down to 6fps, this only happens with the TBM, I tested several other planes. I also re-installed the plane several times.

My system is :

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 64GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB, 2tb SSD

Attached the log files from TBM and from X-plane.

Is there someone that can help me with this?

Thanks

Tony

TBM900_Log.txt Log.txt

10 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Are you running more than 1 monitor?

Does this crash happen randomly, anywhere...or at a specific location?

Are you running in windowed mode or full screen mode?

Happens randomly, I started new flights in different locations, all is going well, I can start, configure GPS, etc, take-off, then after 15 to minutes in flight X-Plane crashes. When Im not connected to Vatsim I have good frame rates (30 to 40). But also as soon as I connect to vatsim through squawkbox frames drop to 5, so when connected online I cannot even configure the airplane.

I have 2 monitors but x-plane is running on only one while flying, I sometimes drag window to the other monitor but that's it.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:09 AM, Goran_M said:

Running full screen on an AMD GPU MIGHT give you problems.  If you are, can you try running Windowed mode, and see if the problem persists.  

If you are already running Windowed mode, and it still crashes, post back and we can go from there.

Hi,

I started in window mode, planned a flight, departed and after a few minuted X-plane crashed again, I have the TBM for more then a year and never really had this problem. I attached the log file again from the latest flight.

Log.txt TBM900_Log.txt

I would like you to try and run a test to eliminate any possibilities of another 3rd party add on causing the crash.

Please download another copy of X-Plane into another folder (you can name the folder whatever you like), with no scenery and no plugins.  

Then install the TBM ONLY, and run a test flight on the same route as the instance when the crashes occurred.  Try to replicate as much as you can, and then please post back with any crash reports, if there are any.

If the sim doesn't crash, then it's definite that something else is conflicting with the TBM.  We can cross that bridge after this initial test.

Edited by Goran_M

Hi Goran....

Like Tony, I keep having crashes while flying the TBM900 (last release) on X Plane.  It happens anywhere, and randomly, with native or custom sceneries, flying online (IVAO) or by myself.  The engine noise just disappears, the monitor freezes, and within 2-3 seconds, crash to desktop.   One monitor, Full Screen.

You can imagine that doing 3-hour flights for online tours, crashing 30 minutes before landing and having to repeat the whole flight is quite frustrating...

Please look at the logs attached

Thank you

Stefano

(Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019). 3,2 GHz Intel Core i7 6 core. 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4. Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Log.pdf TBM900_Log.pdf

If you're having crashes, can you start new threads.  Almost always, the crashes are due to something different per user.

5 hours ago, ssalis said:

Hi Goran....

Like Tony, I keep having crashes while flying the TBM900 (last release) on X Plane.  It happens anywhere, and randomly, with native or custom sceneries, flying online (IVAO) or by myself.  The engine noise just disappears, the monitor freezes, and within 2-3 seconds, crash to desktop.   One monitor, Full Screen.

You can imagine that doing 3-hour flights for online tours, crashing 30 minutes before landing and having to repeat the whole flight is quite frustrating...

Please look at the logs attached

Thank you

Stefano

(Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019). 3,2 GHz Intel Core i7 6 core. 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4. Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Log.pdf 74.28 kB · 1 download TBM900_Log.pdf 586.56 kB · 0 downloads

Your crash may be similar to the OP.

Are you running in windowed mode or full screens mode?  

Hi,

I'm running TBM 900 on a iMac 27 in full screen mode (which is how I've always used it with no issues) and now, I'm getting regularly crashes and it always seems to be the same message "Application Specific Information: terminating Assertion failed: (! scaled_font->cache_frozen), function cairo_scaled_font_destroy, file ../../cairo-1.16.0/src/cairo-scaled-font.c, line 1326."

I have removed Live Traffic and every other plug-in I can and I still get these. Like ssalis, I too have waited months to update to Big Sur so am now wondering if I also have a compatibility issue with the TBM900. Log files provided by pm.

Guys, I'm done with the TBM 900 - I've just tried it with OpenGL and it crashed again. I'm out of ideas. 

It's been fun but there's no joy in having this crash on you every flight. I'm not a SW engineer or developer so I know nothing about what the issues, but there is a conflict somewhere and I have no idea if it's the OS, the TBM900 or XP - I really hope that the developers can get to the bottom of this but for now, I'm not going to be using the TBM900 anymore.

Thanks Goran for all your help.

Just to update - on Goran's advice I've created a new XP 11 installation and am testing without scenery, then I'll add a plugin at a time and see how it goes. The key here, is the assistance is first class and very much appreciated, so hopefully will sort this out and get to keep flying the TBM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aerox said:

Just to update - on Goran's advice I've created a new XP 11 installation and am testing without scenery, then I'll add a plugin at a time and see how it goes. The key here, is the assistance is first class and very much appreciated, so hopefully will sort this out and get to keep flying the TBM.

So to clarify...on a clean install with no plugins does the TBM crash XPlane?

24 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

So to clarify...on a clean install with no plugins does the TBM crash XPlane?

I was corresponding with him through DM, here on the forums, and he confirmed on a clean install, with no plugins, there were no crashes.  

Following this, I instructed him to add the plugins and scenery back, 1 at a time, until it crashes, then to post results to determine if it's something we can fix or the author of the offending add on needs to fix.

• Like 1

So far, no crashes after a full clean install and test flying after installing the TBM, then limited scenery (ie not the entire world, but my home country), no crashes and about to fly after installing the Honeycomb AFC Bridge. 

What I have noticed this time around, which has never occurred before, is when I use the Airframe Manager to add or change a TBM, the screen goes black. The only thing I see is the left hand side  menu (ie for payload, airfare manager etc). This only occurs when in OpenGL but not in Metal. I can't even get the standard XP menu bar at the top of the screen to be visible. To quit XP I just use 'command Q'.

In the meantime I am still testing in incremental stages.

Edited by aerox

Just completed a flight (same route as the one where I had a system crash) without the Honeycomb configurator and no issues.

On a separate matter, I notice I'm having pressurisation issues but looking at the maintenance  log, there are no defects.

Edited by aerox