TBM900[except.c:117]: Caught SIGSEGV: segmentation fault (0x0)

Tonfly74

Hello All,

I bought the TBM900 one week ago. The plane is awesome but I experienced come crash. I decided on Friday to reinstall completely Xplane. After that, I only reinstall the TBM900 and nothing seems to crash...I was happy!

So I reinstall the other plugins and Add-ons (A320 FF Ultimate + Thranda PC6 + Traffic Global + SAM follow me + SAM jetways + Betterpushback + Real View next).

Today, I wanted to go for a flight but it crashed less than 5 minutes after the take off. I restart and it does the same...and for the same reason if I read well the log files.

You have 2 log files attached, one for the first crash and the 2nd for the 2nd crash.

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

I will try to uninstall the TBM and relaunch the Install. Should I try also to delete some plugins? Should I try to look at my FPS?

Sorry I'm not really a geek guy, but I'm trying to work on ;)

Thank you in advance for your strong support and nice flights to all of you.

Best regards

Log.txt Log 2.txt

On 3/22/2021 at 12:23 AM, Goran_M said:

It looks like it's the scenery causing the crash.  Does this crash happen just at this location?

Hello Goran,

Thank you for your feedback. No it's not linked to the scenery because it happens on other places. I just started today to another location and this time it crashed just after the plane finish to load...(attach the log file) 

Log 3.txt

@Tonfly74 I certainly don't want to step on @Goran_M's toes here but although I posses little expertise I think this is the way to go.  You correctly removed all 3rd party plug-in's to a safe place then re-installed the TBM and it operated correctly.  You should have added those plug-in's one at a time to find the one that is causing you this issue.  Adding them all back together accomplishes nothing.  Please try this.  I know it's time consuming but worth the trouble.  Understand there are some plug-in's that just will not work with a certain combination of aircraft models, scenery and other plug-in's.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

It took times before I came back because I made what you suggest...even if it's time consuming it's worth it.

So I reinstalled xplane and I've put only the TBM900... After 4/5 flights no issues. Yesterday evening I decided to install the Flight Factor A320. I tried both and no issues.

Today, I planned a flight with my TBM900 and after 40mn it crashed...

Attached the log file.

Is it the same reason than the previous? 

Thank you for your support.

See you

Log.txt

2 hours ago, Tonfly74 said:

Hello Goran,

Yes this is correct I’m running in full screen. What’s the impact?

This is a common problem we're seeing with AMD GPU's and running X-Plane in full screen.  This is not something we can fix with code, nor is it something Laminar can fix with X-Plane.  This is something AMD needs to address.  

The workaround is to run X-Plane in Windowed mode (the better solution for now), or if you insist on running X-Plane in full screen mode, have a window open in the background.  It can be an explorer window or your browser, but a window needs to be open while X-Plane is running in full screen mode.  This works most of the time, but it has unpredictable results.

Try either or both of these options, and post back results.  

Hopefully, this is something AMD addresses some time soon.

Edited by Goran_M

• 5 months later...

Hello Goran,

Your proposal to not run in full screen works at the beginning but the crash came back after 3-4 flights... so sad!

Due to the crashes I even didn't fly so much with this plane but I restarted today... and it crashed after 5 minutes in the air.

Please find attached the log.txt.

Any news of update for the plane to accept AMD?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Log.txt

4 hours ago, Tonfly74 said:

Any news of update for the plane to accept AMD?

As Goran previously stated to you, "This is a common problem we're seeing with AMD GPU's and running X-Plane in full screen.  This is not something we can fix with code, nor is it something Laminar can fix with X-Plane.  This is something AMD needs to address."