Keyboard shortcuts in Saab340A INOP

DavidV935

I installed the latest LES Saab 340A v1.6.3 and set the keyboard shortcuts for AP engage/disengage; Door; and Tiller engage/disengage as shown in the attached screenshot. After I launched the plane, none of these 3 keyboard shortcuts worked when I attempted to use them at the appropriate time. Is there a step I am missing? I had no issues with these shortcuts with previous versions. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Saab_v163_keyboard-shortcuts.JPG

48 minutes ago, JGregory said:

The commands that you are displaying are deprecated in v1.6.x.  Either the sim is still caching those or your installation has failed.  

The new commands can be found here ....

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 11.16.42 AM.png

By comparing screenshots, it's obvious I do not have an "sf34a" subfolder under LES. Since the Saab v1.6.3 is installed and I can select and fly it, can you suggest what I should do to remedy this discrepancy? Thanks for posting your screenshot - I just don't know how to get there from where I'm at.

4 minutes ago, DavidV935 said:

By comparing screenshots, it's obvious I do not have an "sf34a" subfolder under LES. Since the Saab v1.6.3 is installed and I can select and fly it, can you suggest what I should do to remedy this discrepancy? Thanks for posting your screenshot - I just don't know how to get there from where I'm at.

Do you which specific release deprecated those commands? Would the solution be to delete v1.6.3 and install that specific version, then progressively the updates leading to v1.6.3?

1 hour ago, JGregory said:

The commands that you are displaying are deprecated in v1.6.x.  Either the sim is still caching those or your installation has failed.  

The new commands can be found here ....

Do you know which specific version deprecated those commands? I have v1.6.1 and v1.6.2, but not v1.6. Should I delete my current v1.6.3 and reinstall v1.6.1 and then the two updates to v1.6.3?

Those commands were deprecated in v1.6.0.  If you search for "les" or "sf34a" (lower case) in the command (keyboard) selection page and it does not appear, then your installation is probably corrupt and you should try installing v1.6.3 again.  You do not need to install 1.6.1 or 1.6.2, you can update directly to 1.6.3 from any previous version.

Edited by JGregory

Problem finally solved. For the benefit of other readers of this thread, this is what I did. It may not be the easiest method, but it worked.

1. I uninstalled v1.6.3, and then deleted the two X-Aviation folders in XP11 (the standalone folder and the subfolder in Aircraft)

2. Restarted XP11. Oddly enough, it asked me to reenter my X-Aviation email address and password to "activate."

3. Clicked on Settings and saw my previous LES folder still listed as before.

4. At the bottom, I hit RESET BINDINGS TO DEFAULT for XP11.

5. Restarted XP11 and saw LES gone from the Keyboard Settings

6. Reinstalled Saab v1.6.3 and saw the keyboard menu as shown in Mr. Gregory's screenshot. SUCCESS!!

Thanks again for posting your screenshot so that I knew what to look for.

6 minutes ago, JGregory said:

Those commands were deprecated in v1.6.0.  If you search for "les" or "sf34a" (lower case) in the command (keyboard) selection page and it does not appear, then your installation is probably corrupt and you should try installing v1.6.3 again.  You do not need to install 1.6.1 or 1.6.2, you can update directly to 1.6.3 from any previous version.

I read this AFTER I posted my note above. Thanks again!

Edited by DavidV935