EFIS DRIVE XFR switch animation

pots

Testing here fresh 1.6.3 version on X-Plane 11.52r1.

I had nerve to move switch DRIVE XFR in EFIS section of overhead. According to Saab 340B AOM this DRIVE XFR/NORM/XSIDE DATA switch is meant for switching DPU (Display Processor Unit) in case of failure. Everything is fine but switch animation seems to be broken somehow - switch can be moved only from NORM to DRIVE XFR and thats all - it could not be moved back to NORM or from NORM to XSIDE DATA. After rebooting Gizmo everything is good again.

Am I only one experiencing this? Maybe not important switch (there are not many failures of DPU in sim) but still interesting with its one-way working.

Saab340_Drive_XFR.png

4 hours ago, Ch.Cole said:

I think his main point is not that it isn't working, but that you can not move the switch back to NORM.

2 hours ago, pots said:

Yes - the main problem seemed to be somehow broken switch manipulator. It could be moved only once in one direction and thats all, Gizmo must be rebooted for moving switch back to central position.

I believe that is the way it works IRL.  That mode is a one shot thing and needs to be reset by maintenance.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:59 PM, JGregory said:

I believe that is the way it works IRL.  That mode is a one shot thing and needs to be reset by maintenance.

Na, its just an electrical switch. 

Drive it will just pull the image via the MFD’s graphics card (DPU technically) or the Other sides graphics if it doesn’t have an MFD.

Xside it pulls heading and attitude input from the other sides data computer.

Can flick the switch all day long if you wanted to, if nothings broken it will just make the system light turn on and off and the screen image flicker.

MFDs you can even push the image the other way, switch below that is the reversionary mode for when a single screen fails, push it down so the ADI is merged down into the nav, then hit drive transfer and you turn the MFD into a standby attitude indicator. Almost certainly a useless bit of information, requires both sides DPUs to fail at the same time to be of any use.

Edited by N1K