V1.6.3 Problems

Cam

Just flew from YMLT to YSCB with the following observations:

- Selecting the Gust Lock switch with the mouse moves the switch to the left, but I can't get it to move back to the right. I released and re-engaged the gust lock but the switch would not move back to the right.

- After good starts, moving CL from Min to Max (even slowly) results in ITT over-temp and over-temp lights illuminating. Using hardware throttles.

- During cruise, Trim indicator stays at the top of the green segment and does not move at all during the flight.

- Still having  problem with using ILS App on Nav2. EADI shows LOC2 and GS and flies the approach. Flipping between NAV2 and NAV1 to try and troubleshoot results in LOC1 working ok, but switching back to NAV2 results in the problem previously reported. EADI shows VOR2 but now AP reverts to VS mode (pressing APP on the AP does not select the GS).

- Selected GA due to inability to fly the approach and the Aircraft jolts nose-up, probably as a result of the trim stuck on high nose-up.

- Second time around on the ILS approach, aircraft flew above the GS the closer I got to the threshold, again, possible due to the high nose-up trim.

- There still appears to be  problem with my hardware throttles selecting Beta and reverse after touchdown - all wheels on the ground.

- The altitude warning light on the altitude selector panel comes on sporadically after GS capture.

- DH works great now.

- Log for the flight attached

Cheers,

Log.txt

Edited by Cam

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Ahhh. Thanks mate. 

As fro trim check your COG it needs to be moved about 15cm, I did have that issue once, as for Reverse, make sure you have TQ gauge up, as you need to make sure that the red line is gone and throttles synced than it should work some times takes 2 goes, they are working on improving the logic

Edited by mjrhealth

46 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

As fro trim check your COG it needs to be moved about 15cm, I did have that issue once, as for Reverse, make sure you have TQ gauge up, as you need to make sure that the red line is gone and throttles synced than it should work some times takes 2 goes, they are working on improving the logic

Thanks again. I use the TQ gauge and noticed that it took a while after landing for the red line to disappear - throttles were synced. I was using the iGoDispatch App and it is supposed to adjust the CoG, but it didn't.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:14 PM, Cam said:

Just flew from YMLT to YSCB with the following observations:

- Selecting the Gust Lock switch with the mouse moves the switch to the left, but I can't get it to move back to the right. I released and re-engaged the gust lock but the switch would not move back to the right.

- After good starts, moving CL from Min to Max (even slowly) results in ITT over-temp and over-temp lights illuminating. Using hardware throttles.

- During cruise, Trim indicator stays at the top of the green segment and does not move at all during the flight.

- Still having  problem with using ILS App on Nav2. EADI shows LOC2 and GS and flies the approach. Flipping between NAV2 and NAV1 to try and troubleshoot results in LOC1 working ok, but switching back to NAV2 results in the problem previously reported. EADI shows VOR2 but now AP reverts to VS mode (pressing APP on the AP does not select the GS).

- Selected GA due to inability to fly the approach and the Aircraft jolts nose-up, probably as a result of the trim stuck on high nose-up.

- Second time around on the ILS approach, aircraft flew above the GS the closer I got to the threshold, again, possible due to the high nose-up trim.

- There still appears to be  problem with my hardware throttles selecting Beta and reverse after touchdown - all wheels on the ground.

- The altitude warning light on the altitude selector panel comes on sporadically after GS capture.

- DH works great now.

- Log for the flight attached

Cheers,

Log.txt 176.53 kB · 2 downloads

I can confirm that the trim remains 'stuck' in a nose-up attitude during cruise as the associated dataref did not change for a whole 2hr flight, even when using AP VS mode for climb and descent. Dataref stayed on 0.5495 and the trim indicator remained at the top of the green section.

On disengaging AP or selecting GA mode, the aircraft experiences a very quick and sharp nose-up attitude.

Cheers

Flying v 1.6.4 Saab 340A from EDDS to EDDM (2nd flight after crashing first flight during takeoff), everything was going very nicely until on descent I slowed down too much, autopilot shut off, and I was losing altitude.  Then tried to gain altitude by pushing the throttle full forward and the condition lever full forward, but got no torque.  Did that happen because the condition lever was on "T/M"?  Torque continued to drop until I had to land in a field.  No lights were on on the warning panel.  There were however L & R AC GEN lights on in the overhead panel, which could have caused some problem, but what I don't know.  Some cockpit snapshots included below.

What's your best guess as to what went wrong?  "T/M", "L & R AC GEN", or ?  Is "T/M" now modeled?  Is it some kind of bug or expected behavior?

642397098_LES_Saab_340A-2021-03-2017_02_54.png

1102265048_LES_Saab_340A-2021-03-2017_10_53.png

Log.txt

Edited by cwjohan
replacing incorrect old log.txt

4 minutes ago, cwjohan said:

Flying v 1.6.4 Saab 340A from EDDS to EDDM (2nd flight after crashing first flight during takeoff), everything was going very nicely until on descent I slowed down too much, autopilot shut off, and I was losing altitude.  Then tried to gain altitude by pushing the throttle full forward and the condition lever full forward, but got no torque.  Did that happen because the condition lever was on "T/M"?  Torque continued to drop until I had to land in a field.  No lights were on on the warning panel.  There were however L & R AC GEN lights on in the overhead panel, which could have caused some problem, but what I don't know.  Some cockpit snapshots included below.

What's your best guess as to what went wrong?  "T/M", "L & R AC GEN", or ?  Is "T/M" now modeled?  Is it some kind of bug or expected behavior?

Ummm, you mean 1.6.3, right?  1.6.4 is not out yet!    

Sounds like you stalled the aircraft on descent.  Condition Lever in the T/M position will yield unpredictable and usually "BAD" results, which is what it sounds like you did.

9 minutes ago, JGregory said:

Ummm, you mean 1.6.3, right?  1.6.4 is not out yet!    

Sounds like you stalled the aircraft on descent.  Condition Lever in the T/M position will yield unpredictable and usually "BAD" results, which is what it sounds like you did.

Yes.  1.6.3 -- sorry.  Typo.  Interesting -- specifically what sorts of "BAD" results have you seen with "T/M" position, JGregory?  Very interested to know.  Thanks for reply.  Cheers.

PS: I suspect the L & R AC GEN equipment is for anti-icing purposes only and thus couldn't affect torque.

Edited by cwjohan

What about the engines? Again, sharp jumps in speed. There is no smoothness with a sharp thrust. In real life, the automatics of the engine does not allow the speed to change abruptly and prevents overshooting. Also, when the air conditioning levers are moved from mines to max, the automatics will not allow the speed to change sharply. I think these transition processes should be made smoother.

Edited by Candid

4 hours ago, Cam said:

I can confirm that the trim remains 'stuck' in a nose-up attitude during cruise as the associated dataref did not change for a whole 2hr flight, even when using AP VS mode for climb and descent. Dataref stayed on 0.5495 and the trim indicator remained at the top of the green section.

On disengaging AP or selecting GA mode, the aircraft experiences a very quick and sharp nose-up attitude.

Cheers

Just did that to me on final YSSY to had to shove nose down, but recovered. Im sure it wasnt trimmed up at max, actually got a screen grab just before I did disconnect. Its trimmed as it should be

LES_Saab_Trim.jpg

Edited by mjrhealth