Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant with LES SAAB

timarthur1983

HI,

My father is having a hard time with the LES SAAB he has just purchased.

Unable to control the thrust and prop using the keyboard (user error most likely) I was thinking of getting him the Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant.

Does anyone use this with the Saab? is it compatible etc?

Thanks in advance.

Tim 

Yes Logitech Saitek works, I used to have for years. If you consider having highher quality throttle quadrant, get Honeycomb Bravo. It's perfect. I swapped my Saitek/Logitech for Brave and simply love it. All autopilot modes work with Saab out of the box, I'm controlling all my AP funtions with Bravo.

No offense to Saitek, like said I had it for 10 years or so. When it gets older, it gets less accurate and needs cleaning. But it surely beats keyboard! 

Here's my config at the moment, left are Power levers, GO around-button is used for CTOT engage/disengage BTW.  Right are CondLevers. As you can see, I'm using NAV, ALT and VS-modes, I just started my descent and I'm controlling my VS (as selected on left knob and changing with right knob). Button row is for all lights, I don't have taxi light on, all others are (below 10000ft). 

saab7.PNG

saab8.PNG

Edited by SupraJari
typos

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 11:27 PM, SupraJari said:

Here's my config at the moment, left are Power levers, GO around-button is used for CTOT engage/disengage BTW.  Right are CondLevers. As you can see, I'm using NAV, ALT and VS-modes, I just started my descent and I'm controlling my VS (as selected on left knob and changing with right knob). Button row is for all lights, I don't have taxi light on, all others are (below 10000ft). 

A few questions:
1.)  To what command or menu item did you map your condition lever?  Mapping mine to Mixture doesn't work at all.  There is no Condition Lever in the menu for Bravo axes.
2.) Did you have to change the config for the ALT-VS-HDG-CRS-IAS selector knob or the INCR-DECR knob?  If so, would you care to share with us how you mapped it?

PROBLEM #1 SOLVED:   It's true that Mixture 1 and Mixture 2 don't work, but I was wrong in thinking PROP 1 and PROP 2 was not working as a mapping for the condition levers.  It works fine.  The animated levers just are a little reluctant to move at first.  I'd still like to hear the answer to problem #2, though.

Edited by cwjohan
Problem #1 solved.