AP camera views

smaze17

Surprised I didn’t see a topic about this. I did a search I didn’t come up with anything. How do you guys set up your camera views for operating the auto pilot airborne? i’ve found it very awkward to use it since it’s down to the right.

This plane is superior to the Carenado but the Carenado has a pop-up auto pilot.

thanks in advance. 

I used simple XP camera assigning, just like any other aircraft in XP.  Num Pad [2] looks at the pedestal where the AP is located.

But in practice, I've assigned a button on my stick to AP connect, and another for disconnect, and AP disco alarm clearing.  Also assigned a button for vertical sync.  This way, no need to look around the cockpit while trying to control the aircraft.  IRL, it's no issue, but with a sim, you sometimes make quality of life concessions, and this is one of them.

There is a setting in preferences i think from the side menu that displays the new value to all the modes. Not awkward at all to look at the autopilot whilst its on. If you’re wanting to handfly then you’ll need to make a compromise somewhere, its a two person aeroplane.

I also have autopilot, yaw damper and CTOT on a key command. 

Vert sync is a push button on the yoke, just syncs IAS and VS modes to the aircrafts current speed/rate.

Edited by N1K