GIZMO Licence validation/ Failure to match the connection hostname Failure

JAFO

To Whom it may concern,

I'm currently having a issue with  activating the License for both the SAAB A340 and the  737-300.  It would seem that the issue might have something to do /associated with the current version of Gizmo....and the failure to match the connection hostname (x-avaitaion.com) against server certificate name

Previous versions of the plugin have had no problem connecting, though both aircraft unsurprisingly are programed only to work with the newer version.  I would be very appreciative in any help that I could get /receive as to how to  solve this problem.

Many Thanks in advance,

JAFO   

B733 - 2021-03-12 04.48.28.png

On 3/14/2021 at 8:28 PM, Cameron said:

If you are using Windows 7 (11 years old) this is the cause.

You will need to upgrade to Windows 10.

Honestly? What if we're already using Windows 10 and still have the problems? I'd take a look at the forum posts here....many are already reporting problems associated with the latest update and they all seem to point to Gizmo. In the meantime, we can't fly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seal36 said:

Same problem with Windows 10 and X-Plane installed in D. What else?...

Same here. I've never had X-Plane installed in other than D drive, never run anything but Windows 10 on this computer, and it's been running fine until the last couple Saab 340 updates. With the one about a week ago, I began getting a notice of Flying with Lua shutting down, I didn't know what that cause was. Then with this update got the repeated prompts to reauthorize the same computer which does nothing but repeat when I provide the computer name. In the meantime, the nifty little icon bar (Gizmo run) is gone, and I no longer have auto-start so I can't fly the plane. 

Edited by BillOtten

I put in a ticket very late last night. Woke up hours later to find that the ticket has been created. That's FAST and to their credit. I'm not fixed yet, but I truly believe that with the number of folks who have written with a similar problem, that it will be resolved fairly quickly. Submit a ticket, describe the problem to the best of your ability so that X-Aviation can perhaps spot a trend and then patiently wait and hope for a quick fix. I found the problem involved my BN-2 Islander, my BN-2T, the TBM900 and the LES Saab 340 (maybe my favorite). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillOtten said:

Honestly? What if we're already using Windows 10 and still have the problems? I'd take a look at the forum posts here....many are already reporting problems associated with the latest update and they all seem to point to Gizmo. In the meantime, we can't fly.

The problem you and others have reported are not the same error as the one reported earlier in this topic.

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

The problem you and others have reported are not the same error as the one reported earlier in this topic.

Fair enough. To a total X-Plane hobbyist, with very little knowledge of what is causing my favorite planes to be unflyable, anything turns out to be grasping at straws when a problem even remotely appears to be similar. My frustration (and probably yours as well) is when folks don't give at least their best description of what changed, what updates they did, etc ect. and include some clues as to operating system to help you guys find the problem. Mine is mere hours old, I applaud the speed with which I got a reply that a ticket had been made and will patiently wait for a fix. In the meantime, if there's log files you need, I will send them along if requested. Thanks for clarification on the above.

1 minute ago, BillOtten said:

Mine is mere hours old, I applaud the speed with which I got a reply that a ticket had been made and will patiently wait for a fix. In the meantime, if there's log files you need, I will send them along if requested. Thanks for clarification on the above.

Yours was already replied to. This issue is resolved (and has been since yesterday).

Simply re-downloading the Saab installer will do it.