Correct Pushback Process

Owain

Hi guys, so I've only done a couple of pushbacks in this a/c and both times they went screwy with the tug going through multiple gyrations.    What's the correct pushback process that folk use.    Firstly, do you engage NW steering before pushback ?      And do you start one or both engines on stand before the pushback ?

Thanks in advance for your views.

If using better pushback you will need to engage NWS or it cant turn the plane, actually it will tell you it cant puash back. though I havnt tried yet with this plane These [lanes dont normally park at gates, havnt seeing a single video on youtube where they have a push back.

Edited by mjrhealth

I don't think it works with better pushback and haven't seen any mentions in update notes.

Nosewheel steering lockout and nose gear pin are installed:
- Start right engine
- Right generator reset/on and external power disconnected
- Hydr pressure maintained above 2100 psi (normal function if generator is online, require override on hydr pump if not starting first)
- Park brake released 

Push occurs keeping clear of brakes and steering tiller (tiller not depressed, real thing is spring loaded to off)

- park brake set
- tow bar disconnected, pins removed and tug repositioned to safe location. Crew shown the pins with wave off
- Start left engine 

The sim version seems to not have a steering lockout logic for a pushback and then better pushback just freaks out and does weird stuff because it can't turn the nose gear.

Edited by N1K

I've experienced the "drunk tug driver" with better push back and the SAAB before, but never made the connection to the nose wheel steering.  I'll give that a try next time, and see if it stop the BPB swervin' Earvin driver.

As a side note, I usually just load into a gate without a jetway and park it sideways like they used to to in the US almost exclusively.  You'd get checked in at a small ground level waiting area, then they'd setup a pathway with cones to the stairs, and you walk across the tarmac to the plane.  After engine start, you'd just taxi away from the gate area.  I used to think that these turboprops were never pushed back, but there are a couple of vids on YT showing a push back.