No sound at all

Kothnaaken

3 hours ago, Kothnaaken said:

For some reason, even after un and reinstalling the Saab about three times now I cannot get any sound out of it. I have checked the control panel for it and other aircraft work fine. 

Log.txt 78.74 kB · 1 download

Probably VR related. (There are traces of VR in your Log but you didn't bother to make it clear so I have to guess.)

Does it work if you use it in 2D mode?

14 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Probably VR related. (There are traces of VR in your Log but you didn't bother to make it clear so I have to guess.)

Does it work if you use it in 2D mode?

It is in VR yes, my bad for not mentioning that at first. It does work in 2D mode but not in VR, it's the only plane I have that does not have working audio in VR.

13 hours ago, Kothnaaken said:

It is in VR yes, my bad for not mentioning that at first. It does work in 2D mode but not in VR, it's the only plane I have that does not have working audio in VR.

Have you tried switching the default windows sound output to your VR headset before starting X-Plane?

( Click volume in task bar, select VR headset from drop down list of choices that appears above volume slider...)

I'll look at making Gizmo better behaved with regards to sound output device in future builds but please understand that it's a very low priority issue.

~6.5% of all x-plane users have ever tried VR.

You are the third person this year to report sound issues related to VR.
The other two reported that they could start the Winodws Mixed Reality app/service before X-Plane to resolve the issue.

I'm guessing that you've got a Vive... again from your Log.txt... when I used mine years ago it didn't need any WMR stuff so I'm not sure what's going on for you.

( Please don't make devs guess. Include as much information as you can upfront. The fact that you're using VR, the type of headset that you've got that will let me google something useful. The rest of the details abotu your system that I'm likely to ask for at some point. It saves both of us time and frustration.)