Saab 340 1.6 in XP 11.40

jarcelus

What I want to know is if I can keep using the Saab 340 in my X-plane 11.41 after installing the new version (1.6 and 1.6.1)

I attach an image of the screen where I get the message saying that I cannot do it. I was not aware thta the new versions only worked in XP 11.50.

1792792047_Capturadepantalla2021-03-04alas18_14_25.thumb.png.13f3dfbb798fe3f83d45e00d8a98464d.png

4 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Just make a copy of xplane and update one. Dont know why you still on 11.4

Thanks. That is exactly what I did. The issue is that several scenarios (like Orbx) or Traffic Global, for example, do not work properly in XP 11.50. Therefore, I would like to keep using the Saab 340 in XP 11.41. Actually, I have not seen any warning thta the 1.6 version will not work in that version.

35 minutes ago, jarcelus said:

Thanks. That is exactly what I did. The issue is that several scenarios (like Orbx) or Traffic Global, for example, do not work properly in XP 11.50. Therefore, I would like to keep using the Saab 340 in XP 11.41. Actually, I have not seen any warning thta the 1.6 version will not work in that version.

Something has already been changed in the Saab to make it require 11.50+

It is very unlikely that a special version will be made where this is different.

3 hours ago, jarcelus said:

Orbx and Traffic Global work properly in 11.50+. If you have problems with them it must be a in combination with something else.

17 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Dont know why you still on 11.4

Well, I can give some insight.  Not sure what happened with 11.5x, but the already s****y atmosphere, haze, washed out colors, got even worse with the 11.51 final release.  I see so many streams and screen shots, where there is this blue milky haze at times, so heavily overdone, that it looks like the person intentionally has modified their color and saturation settings.  In 11.41, I never had this problem.  The colors and vibrancy was muted in typical XP fashion, but was livable.  After 11.51, I too have that milky blue/grey washed out haze, anytime fog or haze is in a metar.   Honestly, I only updated to 11.51 to keep up with zibo, and the LES SAAB.  All my other flying is in MFS2020.

54 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

Well, I can give some insight.  Not sure what happened with 11.5x, but the already s****y atmosphere, haze, washed out colors, got even worse with the 11.51 final release.  I see so many streams and screen shots, where there is this blue milky haze at times, so heavily overdone, that it looks like the person intentionally has modified their color and saturation settings.  In 11.41, I never had this problem.  The colors and vibrancy was muted in typical XP fashion, but was livable.  After 11.51, I too have that milky blue/grey washed out haze, anytime fog or haze is in a metar.   Honestly, I only updated to 11.51 to keep up with zibo, and the LES SAAB.  All my other flying is in MFS2020.

I thought flight simming was about flying aeroplanes, seems its all about vistas. I guess I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Ch.Cole said:

Yes, you were... Flying aeroplanes also involves outside cues...

Yes a horizon Sky up, ground down, if it where the case we wouldnt need FMS and autoland, but no idea of what sky color has to do with visual clues.

Edited by mjrhealth

Finally, I found my 1.5 backup copy and manually installed in XP 11.41. So, now I can enjoy the slightly bugged 1.5 version in my XP 11.41 and the latest corrected 1.6.1 version in XP1.5. 

Regarding the importance of scenery, that is a very personal decision and I understand different tastes and approaches.

Thanks for the assistance and comments,

Best,

Juan

17 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I thought flight simming was about flying aeroplanes, seems its all about vistas. I guess I was wrong.

yep you are a little bit wrong, imo.  flight simming is the whole package.  If it wasn't, you wouldn't have third party scenery, ortho, aircraft, etc.....

1 hour ago, Tim013 said:

yep you are a little bit wrong, imo.  flight simming is the whole package.  If it wasn't, you wouldn't have third party scenery, ortho, aircraft, etc.....

I have no addon scenery, I have yet to see the need to spend money on it. No Ortho no airports just weather(absolute must since you are flying)) and planes, there is absolutely no reason when at 35000 ft for scenery, but people need to spend money and others are happy to take it.

But off topic

Edited by mjrhealth

On 3/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, mjrhealth said:

I have no addon scenery, I have yet to see the need to spend money on it. No Ortho no airports just weather(absolute must since you are flying)) and planes, there is absolutely no reason when at 35000 ft for scenery for me, but people need to spend money and others are happy to take it.

But off topic

Fixed it for you.... :P

To add to this off topic theme, I have to agree with mjrhealth - for IFR flight I don't see the need to have the interior's of terminals modeled or even have subtle details of the airfield "true to life". I have not been to 99% of these airports in real life and wouldn't know if the tank farm has oblong or round tanks - or would care as I taxied by them.

The vast majority of news I hear released for MSFS 2020 is regarding the newest airfield (which I will see for a few moments as I taxi out, takeoff and climb to FL350) and I will never notice that the terminal B croissant shop has the sign misspelled (real life example of a discussion in Discord).

Add me in the "for me" column.