v1.6.1 Brakes and Rudder Trim issues

Vostflyer

I am really enjoying flying this bird with the new updates. However, I am encountering a couple of issues.

1. Brakes. In all other planes I own, mapping my joystick trigger to Hold Brakes Regular works fine for normal braking. I saw that Hold Brake commands were now implemented in 1.6.1 but the Hold Brakes Regular command does nothing. I searched for a possible new 'les....' command but couldn't see anything (maybe my eyes, LOL).

Also, I have a button mapped to Toggle Brakes Maximum which, again for nearly all other aircraft will engage / release the parking brake. On the 340A, it will release the parking brake if already set, but will not set it.

So can someone please advise which (new?) commands I need to assign to my joystick trigger and button, in order to apply normal braking and set / release the parking brake?

2. For some reason, the ability to adjust rudder trim seems to have disappeared with this update. My joystick button assignment looks to be working correctly in that I can see the Yaw trim lever moving left or right as commanded. However, the actual trim, as indicated on the instrument panel, no longer changes. Worked fine in v1.6.

3 hours ago, Vostflyer said:

2. For some reason, the ability to adjust rudder trim seems to have disappeared with this update. My joystick button assignment looks to be working correctly in that I can see the Yaw trim lever moving left or right as commanded. However, the actual trim, as indicated on the instrument panel, no longer changes. Worked fine in v1.6.

Same with Roll Trim. The Pitch Reset button have no effect. At least for me.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, Vostflyer said:

I am really enjoying flying this bird with the new updates. However, I am encountering a couple of issues.

1. Brakes. In all other planes I own, mapping my joystick trigger to Hold Brakes Regular works fine for normal braking. I saw that Hold Brake commands were now implemented in 1.6.1 but the Hold Brakes Regular command does nothing. I searched for a possible new 'les....' command but couldn't see anything (maybe my eyes, LOL).

Also, I have a button mapped to Toggle Brakes Maximum which, again for nearly all other aircraft will engage / release the parking brake. On the 340A, it will release the parking brake if already set, but will not set it.

So can someone please advise which (new?) commands I need to assign to my joystick trigger and button, in order to apply normal braking and set / release the parking brake?

Yup, same here, brakes regular & brakes max still don’t work! Just left and right works! Hope regular brakes will be fixed in a future update too! 

13 hours ago, jgniewkowski said:

If you are running Flywithlua this is a wonderful script:

Differential and progressive brakes for X-Plane 11 by Nicotum

Even an improvement over XPlane's default "Hold Brake Regular" function!!!

Thanks for the tip. That gives me my normal brake function again. I just have to use the mouse to engage the parking brake.