Take Command! Saab 340A v1.6.1 Update Released!

Cameron

From Russia with greetings))

After flying the IL-76, the Saab must be like child's play!  I love Russian planes and the Felis Tu-154 is one of my favorites...but they definitely require a huge change of thinking to those of us used to Western planes....in the sim as well as real-life.

Thank you to the LES team for the 1.6.1 update.  I purchased the Saab last year shortly after moving to XP11 from P3Dv4...but was never able to fly it due to to the engine surging issue present in 1.5.  The update has finally eliminated those problems.  Apart from the ILS GS issue that's being worked on, I have zero complaints.  This is the perfect kind of plane for the sort of short & slow commuter hops I like to fly.  Looking forward to V2!

Edited by mgchrist5

On 3/6/2021 at 2:45 AM, Candid said:

And in what speed can you wind up the altitude from 0 to 20,000 feet in turbulence? I do not scold the model and do not say that Karenado is better. Here, after all, a forum, right? It's just that Karenado has a more user-friendly interface in models. And here, for the sake of realism, they sacrificed ease of use. That's all.

Do you know of some "magic" manipulator that works in turbulence ???

On 3/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Candid said:
And realism was enough for me in real life. For 20 years he served in the military in aviation ...))

I respect your opinion, but my 17 years as a military pilot + 23 as an Airline Transport Pilot require as much realism as possible... and I don't like the most part of Carenado add-ons.

But, as I said I respect your opinion!

36 minutes ago, Candid said:

I'm the only one here, apparently, who wants to be comfortable. The rest want additional torment))

What will the authors decide.

Most users demand realism which is why they get pilots beta testing, so if you want less buy carendao or get FSX

What is realism? The fact that it is impossible to get the cursor into the working zones of the dials even with the slightest shaking? The fact that you spin the mouse wheel for a long time? The fact that the headlight switches, for example, are not installed in any way on the joystick buttons?

Most users demand realism which is why they get pilots beta testing, so if you want less buy carendao or get FSX

Do you know where you can send someone who advises for such advice ?? If anything, write in a personal. I don’t tell you what and where to buy, right?

I write about my impressions and wishes and do not need advice, okay?

Edited by Candid

Ok, enough of the bickering. 

There will never be a "perfect" sim that everyone is happy with.  What one person finds excellent, another finds annoying.  I think there is a way to speed up the altimeter, that is dependant on the speed of the scroll, so I'll look into that.

Let's just all get along and move forward.